What's new

Ok ok you were right

About 8 months ago I started wet shaving with a DE and I am finally getting consistent DFS. I admit you guys are correct. Mild razor + sharp blade = great for sensitive skin. Beard map, angle and pressure were my biggest issues(just like you said). Pressure was a hard habit to kill! As soon as I did those sharp blades became my best friend. Just In time for my 14yr old son to start. Let him use some old Gillette sensor blades, cella(loves the smell) and proraso green splash. It went well and he keeps touching his smooth face! Thanks for all the advice.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This is so cool.

My son is 21, and he used my old electric when he first started out. When he got the obligatory Gillette 30 blade freebie when he turned 18 I offered to trade him for a DE razor and he went with it.

To the best of my knowledge, he's never used a Cartridge System.

And his complexion is clear as can be.

So BRAVO! to you and your son my friend!

linty1

My wallet cries.
That pass it on experience is nice isn't it? I have a under 1 kiddo that I'm putting into one of those door hanging bouncers and shaving while he bounces away. I'll let him smell the soap I'm using and tickle him with the brush etc. He's prob way too young to remember any of this later, but he'll gets a laugh sometimes and I enjoy it. I bought a throw away lord plastic razor that can be used without a blade, obviously, to scrape lather off his face when he gets a little older, just for fun (I've seen those cartoon "kits" that do the same). Will he use de's etc in the future? Who knows, but I'm enjoying the now, and I'm glad you have found the same.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
My first thought was that I'm always right (but 48 years later I have yet to convince my wife this is even close to the truth). Congratulations!

This is what we do here. We come and ask a bunch of questions, practice, ask some more questions, and eventually figure some of this shaving stuff out. Then it's time to share some of that knowledge, like the fine people who did that for us. It's a nice place full of people paying it forward.

Top Bottom