What's new

ok, i'm confused

So I go to the post office today to ship out a decant for a trade with a member here and I go thru all the standard crap: "anything fragile?" Yes. "anything perishable?" No. "anything liquid?" Yes. "what kind of liquid?" Cologne.

Bells & whistles go off...."oh i'm sorry sir, it's USPS policy that we cannot ship cologne. You must go to the DOT office and get a special mailer and ship that way. Cologne is flammable under pressure, so we cannot ship it."

I said "so I must go to UPS and ship it ground?" She says "oh no sir, they won't do that, it has to be a special DOT transfer." I said "so wait a sec, you're telling me that UPS will ship my firearms and ammunition ground, but they won't ship cologne?" She said "that's right sir..Government policy."

I was furious. So did she have her head in her *** or is this now a new policy? I get cologne shipped all the time Priority mail! All i'm gonna do is go to the next office and not declare a liquid.

Any of you guys have this issue?!

Randy is correct. However, I've had items shipped via Priority without problems. Although, I've seen problems as well, bBut any leakage is usually minimal. If I know it's going to be ok (like the Frangrance Train), I just use the automated machine.

I second the last comment, I always say no, no, no to the fragile, perishable and liquid questions. Even when shipping international, I always declare a value of no more than $19.95 to avoid making the receiving person pay taxes in their country.

I for one am glad that the DOT is finally returning to its primary mision - protecting the public from the danger posed by the interstate transfer of small, fragrant bombs. I think it's finally safe to move the threat level down to orange.
Cheers,
Jeff

I just lie and say "no". I think technically anything that goes on a plane, such as Priority mail, can't have cologne, etc. sent.

Ya'll ,

Ive a source who ships to me about 4-7 bottles a week. and he uses a big carton box, then double wraps each bottle with those bubble plastic sheets and has some foam crap on the bottom of the box. I dont think he uses UPS . there could very well be a threat come to think of it alcohol underpressure but its not a big drama your not sending a molotov cocktail via air? I dont know how the guy does it but he dodges the customs . and I order quite some plenty.

my next shipment will contain Aqua di Gio and another bottle of Floris Santal EDT and Balm. im investigating in getting some nice 10ml decants for a good price they are a tad bit too high in price the ones im looking for I dont want to go 1oz blue cobalt Rik already supplies those but if the guy doesnt go down with his price I shall have to go the cobalt style aswell going to offer B&B some decants in very very limited quantities just to offer B&B some diversity over the already supplied decant club.

I think 10ml is nice perhaps ill do 5ml aswell you can go to work or anywhere and carry it with you for a re-spritz to re-activate the scents.

I shall ask my source how he pulls it off sending that much explosive thru the air.

Having flown more than I would've liked over the past two months, I can say that the TSA has no problem with colognes taken on board in small quantities, either in checked baggage, or carry ons. I'd walk up to another counter so you weren't dealing with the same person and send it on its merry way.

-Nick

Nick said:
I'd walk up to another counter so you weren't dealing with the same person and send it on its merry way.

Exactly what I did when sending a cologne to another member of this board and getting told by the woman at the counter I couldn't mail it.

You know it wasn't so much the fact I was being told no, it was the way she did it, really made me feel a total d**k in front a whole queue of people. I was fuming, so walked away, went and had my lunch, came back to a different counter and said "no, no & no".

Honestly it's not like we're shipping around small quantities of gasoline or anything!:rolleyes:

woodbane said:
Exactly what I did when sending a cologne to another member of this board and getting told by the woman at the counter I couldn't mail it.

You know it wasn't so much the fact I was being told no, it was the way she did it, really made me feel a total d**k in front a whole queue of people. I was fuming, so walked away, went and had my lunch, came back to a different counter and said "no, no & no".

Honestly it's not like we're shipping around small quantities of gasoline or anything!:rolleyes:

Actually, when I mail gasoline I generally double box for safety.:a47:

woodbane said:

She is obviously a women of great insight. Here her only experience with you is this brief encounter and she already categorized you to the public's benefit!:lol:
Unfortunately, many of these GUMMINT potentates behave as though they have license to commit murder and visit mayhem.

Not trying to cause any trouble, but we don't know the occupations of everyone that frequents these boards. Just saying...

Top Bottom