What's new

Ok... I'm completely blown away!!!!

I'm so angry i didnt try this earlier.
Bar none this is the best shave i've ever had.

I picked up my Merkur HD, Derby Blades (from a sample pack), and Silvertip brush from Barbarosa at lunch today. After a shopping trip I excitedly/nervously began what will forever be a ritual of mine. Used Art of shaving pre shave oil (sample), Poraso (spelling?) shave cream and the Art of shaving aftershave balm (also a sample). I was so worried my face would look like frankenstein by the end of the shave but after 2 complete and careful lather/shaves i wound up with 2 small nicks near my lip that dissapeared after rinsing my face. If i cut myself with my old Fusion i'd have to call the hospital for a 1L blood transfusion.

To all those people who have not yet taken the plunge do not wait!! It is not nearly as difficult as i had previously imagined. The first couple of passes were so smooth that i didnt even think it was shaving the hair from my face. I simply cannot believe how smooth my face feels.

If this is not enough of a reason to try it my gf was extra affectionate considering the smoothness of my face and the smell of real shaving products.

I extend a huge thanks to everyone that has contributed on this site and gave me ideas of what to buy and how to utilize the equipment. Thank you to everyone, i look forward to reading more about this wonderful hobby.

Thank you all so much,
JW

Ain't it great. I was missing all of this for well over 40 years, man what a waste of time. Some of us take longer to see the light, don't we? :tongue:

That sounds awesome!!

Ok, I'm getting antsy now. I can't wait to join the ranks with my first shave using a DE razor.

I ... NEED ... PATIENCE!!!

:redface:

Welcome! Glad to hear it worked well for you. Pretty soon you won't get those weepers on your lip area, either. I remember posting pretty much the same post after my first run. I think I did a few too many passes the first once or twice because it was fun and I wasn't cutting myself. But boy did that Proraso aftershave splash wake me up on my freshly tenderized skin!

Top Bottom