What's new

OK I think I'm hooked

And so it begins . . .

proxy.php

I feel your pain , I can't even remember what set me on this path, but I am sooooo glad I did.
Shaving has always been a chore, now I love it.
I've been on the fence for several months, but an e-mail from my brother finally broke my inertial state. He told me he'd tried a safety razor and made the switch from cartridge razors. Turns out, that was a couple of years ago.

So I bought a razor and a trial pack of blades to start. I just kept using my trusty shave gel, face lathering at first. A week later I placed an order for a brush, bowl, stand, cream sampler, and after shave. A few weeks later, earlier this week, I placed another order for some different blades to try, a different after shave, and an open comb razor head to try a more aggressive shave.

Sound familiar?

I'm two months in... it doesn't get any better! I'm already in three straight razors, badger brush, strop, creams, soaps, balms, oils, aftershaves, alum block, razor sacks... but at least I'm not addicted like you.... :001_rolle

I'm two months in... it doesn't get any better! I'm already in three straight razors, badger brush, strop, creams, soaps, balms, oils, aftershaves, alum block, razor sacks... but at least I'm not addicted like you.... :001_rolle

I'm not nearly that deep in. One razor, one brush, one bowl, one stand, a current favorite shave cream and three after shave splashes (one favorite, one so-so and a new untried).

Since you obviously need other things to distract you from your obsession, try some of the hair care available at West Coast Shaving. I landed with Baxter of California Soft Water pomade and it is great stuff. Easily as good an addition to my morning routine as my new-found shave

Oh, I think "toast" is a pretty strong word :)

It's definitely good to such a basic grooming function turned into a luxury.

I remember my journey to the dark side all to well. It started when my wife, knowing that I frequently dealt with razor burn (at the time, I was shaving with cartridges and canned goo), randomly picked me up a tub of Trumper's Sandalwood shaving cream. I soon realized that quality products could make shaving enjoyable and began acquiring more - more soap/cream, DE razor, sample blade packs, brush, stand, AS samplers, etc.

I had everything I needed, but I *needed* more. I now have 6 or so AS splashes in my rotation and roughly the same in soaps. My wife and I have even collaborated on some homemade AS, which has been fun.

Anyways, welcome to the show. It never gets old and you'll ALWAYS find there's something new to try or learn about.

Top Bottom