What's new

OK Guys, How Many Years.....

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I only stock 2-3 year's worth. By the time I run out, I'll probably like different blades by then. I also don't like the idea of using blades more than a few years old.

I must have around 150 blades. I just sold close to 100 pack of IPs though, so that leaves me close to 3 years of blades. I will probably start giving blades away with future sales from the shave den. Now that I think about it, that is probably why I usually get blades thrown in from other B&Bers off the BST... :biggrin:

Dennis

Uh oh. I'm the odd man out.
I was planning on buying a 100 pack of Feathers soon. So right now, about 1/12th of a years worth.

I am new still, I have about one sampler pack ~90, Derby 100 pack, and about other 35 misc blades. That is just over 200 blades, so I guess it will take me about 3 years to run out. But about a year to find my one true blade to match my Merkur HD. Ofcourse by then I will move on to a Progress or Slant, then I will have to get another 200 blades. :biggrin:

In my defense, of blade hording, I do plan to pass them out to friends and family so that they can give DE wetshaving a try.

Since the switch to straights, I've sold:
260 Feathers
100 IPs

I still have about:
120 Derby's
35 Feathers

I've not used a DE in a month and a half. Assuming 4 blades/year for those inexplicable times I might be forced to use a DE...I'm good for another almost 44 years.

It is not the stockpile of blades that scares me, its the cases of vienna sausages still left from 2000. Damn Y2K!

I too have'nt used my DE since I have been shaving seriously with a straight. I have 5 of them now and I have given two away. I can’t see me ever going back to DE in the med/long term so I have 100 Feathers and Derby's plus other bits and bobs. Anybody in the UK want any let me know and we can work out a deal.

At present I have 200 each of Feathers and IPs. I couple of packs of Merkurs and a few left in a pack of Gillette Swedes.

I buy whenever I see a deal. So I must have about 200. A local dollar store has the German Wilkinsons so I buy whenever I'm in the mall.

I have approximately 500 DE blades representing 23 different brands. In addition I have around 40 injector blades and 50 SE blades. Is that too many?:lol: I'm not concerned about shelf life because I have vintage Wilkinsons and Gillettes that are over 20 years old and they are sharper and shave as good or better than any of my new blades.

Worth of blades do you own?

Fess up....... I'd say about 6 right now for me.

(Do I have a blade AD problem?)

I must be approaching 10 years worth--over 1000 blades. I like trying the various brands from exotic far away lands, and it seems like buying 100 is the most cost effective way to go. I mean when you can get 100 DEs for the price of a pack of M3 or Fusions, what's the fuss? I just think it's incredible trying these mass-market products from acoss the world, that to the average American were obsolete 30 years ago. Unfortunatley, this is probably the closest I'll ever get to experiencing Pakistan, India, Turkey, or Russia.

Top Bottom