What's new

Ok Gents. Does your wife like Old Spice?

Does your wife like Old Spice?

• Yes, she likes it.

• NO, she finds it repulsive!

Results are only viewable after voting.
For some reason my wife (and most women I know) "hate" the idea of Old Spice, but like how it smells before they find out what it is :confused1.

My live-in girlfriend asks for it by name, but I've been lucky enough to find a decent supply of Shulton era bottles, along with Shulton-era cologne.

She complains it smells like so many other "synthetic" frags. She prefers the more "natural" scents.

My wife doesn't like me to wear the original Old Spice scent since that's what her father wore his entire life, but she really likes Old Spice "Fresh" scent after shave when I wear it. That's a good thing since it's one of my favorite AS's.

Cheers!

Had a love interest many years ago that disliked OS because her father wore it. He was physically abusive. The power of scent is very strong.

My wife likes the original Old Spice, she doesn't really care for the new formulation. Works for me as I also prefer the one I started with in the 60's. She likes Pinaud Lilac Vagetal and Clubman Aftershave but doesn't care for Clubman Bay Rum. Of course, there are some I like a lot which she can't stand, Trumpers Astor would be a good example of one of the few she has said she really doesn't like.

I am one of those folks that aftershave doesn't linger on for any time whatsoever, it just has no staying power on me. I'm sure its a chemistry thing as I have trouble finding any Colognes that last more than a few hours on me. Since I am the first up in the morning and have already shaved, showered, and dressed when I get her up for coffee there's not any problem with the aftershave I used.

I like it, my kids love it, the wife hates it on me. She says it creeps her out to smell it on me because it's what her dad wears most of the time. I can remember smelling it on my grandpa when we visited on holidays, so it brings back fond memories for me and I still wear it from time to time.....just not if I'm planning on rubbing against her :)

My wife loves Old Spice and Master's Bay Rum. She is a fan of the classic scents. I use Florida Water as an after shower splash and she absolutely craves it.

I don't particularly like Old Spice so it is a non-starter.
I lke clubman and I use it regularly.

I don't really ask my wife what she thinks.

Not married, but my gf can't smell. So I can't answer the poll!! I like old spice. I'm wearing today! It's old spice Monday.

She is not crazy about it, especially when compared to some of the more refined scents in the collection. She prefers aqua scents, while I prefer citrus, musk, or woody scents.

Old spice (the ViJon knockoff) smells great and reminds me of my Grand Dad when I smell it out of the bottle, but once it's on my skin it doesn't smell that great.

SWMBO dislikes it on me. She says it reminds her of her grandfather and she wants to remember him like that and not have me in there, im fine with that. As when I put it on its not a good thing...not sure what it does on my skin....like I said not a good thing..

I'm fortunate, in that my wife seems to like most of the classic aftershaves and colognes. She loves Clubman and likes Old Spice. She thinks Brut is just okay.

The other half isn't too keen on OS ,says it's an old mans scent . But she loves and insists on me using Pino Silvestre most days , which i gladly oblige.

I like it the wife doesn't. She really likes the discrete scent of Floid. I still wear it though and if she complains she can go stick her nose somewhere else.......I aint smellin like a lady to please anyone....Lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom