What's new

ok be honest

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I work a more erratic schedule then most, usually two days on two days off and I have to shave for work. I find that I do best when I don't shave on my days off and my day two shave is generally a two pass cleanup day as opposed to a full three pass WTG/XTG/ATG shave. However thus week I am at a week long training which includes a "regular" Monday thru Friday schedule and everyday shaves. Today (Tuesday) I began my shave with the intention of touching up the previous days BBS but I changed course and went for a three pass instead. This would normally be an action I would regret however the stars aligned and I got a second day BBS...we shall see what tomorrow brings but I have moisturized my skin this evening and I'm planning another three passes tomorrow morning.

In general though, my best shaves occur after a break. Next day shaves tend to be better with an SE as opposed to a DE though. Maybe the more rigid blade is why?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The concept that a shave improves after a day off has been around a long time. On the day before our final inspection at Parris Island in 1973, our drill instructor ordered that we not shave as he felt that the shave for the inspection would be better. He might have been wrong, but I wasn't going to be the one to tell him.

A perfect shave for me is pretty elusive. There are many blades that do an excellent job but i just cannot get BBS with. There are some that give me a BBS shave but also weepers and irritation, others that give me a BBS with no irritation or weepers but weren’t all that comfortable while shaving with them. Perfect to me is a combo of great face feel while shaving and BBS with no weepers or irritation. I’ve rarely experienced this so i’ll go ahead and say not very often.

I seem to be in the minority on this one; a two day beard is almost too much for a DE blade, but not enough to justify pre trimming with electric hair trimmers. Every day is best.

Before I retired many of my shaves on a work day were good but not great but my weekend shaves were close and smooth. Now that I have the time to linger and get a good face soak and let the lather set on the beard for a bit before i start my shave, I find that I get more BBS' than I ever did

I shave every other day and I get decent shaves most of the time. I'd say couple times a month I get poor shaves and couple times a month I get the best shaves. I always change up something in my shave so it's hard to get a consistent result. However, I do enjoy the variety and I plan my shaves ahead of time to expect for a great shave.

After a year of DE shaving, I'm at the point now where I can shave fairly efficiently. I get a "good enough" shave with one pass for work-related purposes, and tend to shave every other day, since I'm usually in the classroom every other day. I'll shave on days in between if we have a special event I need to attend on campus. Otherwise, for me perfect has become the enemy of good enough.

The occasional problem is that sometimes I get overconfident or don't pay close enough attention and wind up with one or two weepers or slices. Not nearly as much as when I first started DE shaving, but more often than I would like. Slow and careful is the key, but too often I feel rushed, and that's when accidents happen. As my engineering cousin often says, "slower is faster."

I've had a beard since 2015. I've only been clean shaved a handful of times since then. I shave my neck and line up my the edges, but that doesn't happen everyday. Even when I was clean shaved, I didn't shave everyday unless it was for when I had drill or annual training. I think every few days is best for me.

For me, pretty much every day. I've spent a lot of time and money searching for the very best products out there. So after trying just about everything that exists, I've found the combination that works for me.

It's not about just scraping a blade across your face to clear the stubble. It's about what products make a noticeable difference in my skin. My face feels the very best it's felt in my entire life.

Luv this post! I’m not there yet, but hope to one day!

ok just how often do you find that everthing just comes together and you get the perfect shave ?
well im normally a everyday shaver but I skipped a day due to a small bit of redness from my last shave .
so today I got my normal soap ( yeh the green stick ) my normal razor and blade did my lather the normal way .
so why have I just had one of the best shaves ive had in months ?
go on be honest how often does this happen to you ?

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a "perfect shave" but since I upped my skincare and prep, my shaves have gotten consistently better and my blades/razors are lasting longer. I've gotten at least two weeks out of my current Bic Sensitive.

In general though, my best shaves occur after a break. Next day shaves tend to be better with an SE as opposed to a DE though. Maybe the more rigid blade is why?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

still haven't enough beer to brave a straight yet ..
mind you I dont think Denmark has enough beer for that.

Top Bottom