What are your nicknames/aliases?
ohyousooners
Where do you live?
Pittsburgh
What is your age (or) generation?
What are you in the real world?
College Pastor
What is your favorite shave setup?
My newbie set up is a 1973 Gillette Super Speed Black Handle, Astra/Derby blades, ARCO shaving cream, and a synthetic brush from The Body Shop. Occasionally, I'll run a Gem Push Button SE razor with CVS blades. However, I can't seem to get more than one decent shave from the CVS blades. I'm going to try some Treet blades soon.
What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
I like being with family, Sooner football, Steeler football, fishing, shooting, and paintball.
What else should the members of B&B know about you?
I'm here to learn the enjoyable art of DE/SE wet shaving. I work with college students, and it was one of my students who turned me on the DE wet shaving.

Last edited:
Hi Doug, welcome to B&B!

Congratulations on your decision to see what traditional wet-shaving is all about. It's a decision you will never regret!:thumbup: Your gear is all solid, but I've got to ask: What blades are you using?

There are links in my signature to areas of B&B of special interest to beginning shavers--perhaps you might like to have a look at them as well. If you ever have questions or run into problems, don't hesitate to post them up. We're a welcoming and friendly group here, and there's always someone around to offer advice or lend a hand.

Enjoy your time here, happy shaving, and once again, WELCOME!!

Last edited:
Hey Wingnut,
Yep, I forgot to mention the blades. I've tried the Derby Extra and the Astra Superior Platinum. They both seem to work pretty well for me, but think I may favor the Astra blades as they seem to last just a bit longer.
Thanks to you and everyone for the welcome!

Top Bottom