What's new

Oh, you sweet HD!

I returned to the HD for today's shave. As usual, whenever I've spent some time away from her and then returned, I am always amazed at what a great shaver she is. Don't get me wrong, I like all of my other razors or else I wouldn't keep them. There is, however, something about the HD that just really works for me.

Kyle said:
I returned to the HD for today's shave. As usual, whenever I've spent some time away from her and then returned, I am always amazed at what a great shaver she is. Don't get me wrong, I like all of my other razors or else I wouldn't keep them. There is, however, something about the HD that just really works for me.

Thats it thats why im not gettting BBS im not calling the razors "She" but thinking of them as "them" they look so manly.. so thats the trick. :tongue_sm

SSLStudio said:
Thats it thats why im not gettting BBS im not calling the razors "She" but thinking of them as "them" they look so manly.. so thats the trick. :tongue_sm

Dunno... I think mine looks kinda sexy just sitting there all bright and shiny.

I get the same results from some razors when I start using them again. I guess in the long run, some razors are just excellent.

The HD is the best, my slants been put away and my Vision to my step son, its all I use now for a great shave, face and head....

Kyle said:

I had the same experience today--forced away from my broken Vision, I used the HD and had a great shave. Its just a superior shaving implement.

Kyle said:
I returned to the HD for today's shave.

Well, at this point I really can't add anything bcause I've only been wet shaving for about three months now and I only use an HD. Having said that, it truly does feel like a great quality instrument, and I really like it.

Having said that, I have a 1971 Super Adjustable Black Long Handle all cleaned up and ready to go, so I will let her at my face sometime soon. I hope HD doesn't get jealous.

Should I keep them apart, or should they get along?

Peace,

Pierre

I have a Gillette Fatboy which I really love (bomb-bay doors and all that), but my HD still gives me a better shave. I really wish it were not so...

-Scott

kd7kip said:
I have a Gillette Fatboy which I really love (bomb-bay doors and all that), but my HD still gives me a better shave. I really wish it were not so...

-Scott
I too have a Gillette Fatboy (Gold) that I really like the looks/feel/nostalgia of and initially was disappointed that it didn't compete better with my other razors. Interestingly enough, however, I have found that as my overall razor technique has improved, this razor has come dangerously close to equaling my HD in terms of a close and comfortable shave. So, hang on to that Fatboy and return to it every so often to see if it has begun to behave better for you.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I agree with Kyle on this one. It took me a while to love my fat boy, but now I seem to get better and better shaves every time I use it. Using a gentler setting certainly seems to help. It also seems to work better with very sharp blades, such as the Feathers or Swedish Gillettes.

Right now, I rate it right up there with my super speed, which gave me a good shave from day one.

Don't get me wrong, I get fine results with the Gillette and a Feather-- 6 months ago I would have been astonished compared to the M3 I had been using. But danged if the HD isn't just a bit cleaner. BTW, I recently got some QED B&B soap (I've used only creme, Trumper's lately, for 15 or so years) and the soap really made that Gillette perform! I was shocked what a good shave it gave me...

-Scott

When I use a DE, the HD and Progress are the two razors I reach for. However, this week I am using a Gillette coded A1. It's the first Gillette I have truly enjoyed using.

Randy

Top Bottom