What's new

Oh no !, .... not another Lupo .72 thread !, ... But ...

Do they sell the Lupo heads separately or just as complete razors?

You can get the base plate separately, but you'll also need a Lupo top cap if you don't already have one. Problem is supply, they are not able to manufacture enough due to the pandemic, so choices are limited. Right now, you can get a top cap and a 95 base, or the entire 72 or 95 razor with a choice of a few different handles. For a few bucks extra, why not grab a complete razor?

I have several bits n bobs from RR so was hoping to just purchase a head, and was gonna buy a brass Karve now that they’re back in stock but, I do fancy the barber pole handle so yeah...
You can get the base plate separately, but you'll also need a Lupo top cap if you don't already have one. Problem is supply, they are not able to manufacture enough due to the pandemic, so choices are limited. Right now, you can get a top cap and a 95 base, or the entire 72 or 95 razor with a choice of a few different handles. For a few bucks extra, why not grab a complete razor?

Okay, I know this is getting kind of repetitive, but here's another example of an absolutely
wonderful shave with my new Lupo .72 ----- simply to add to all you other fine gents who
are loving this razor. This evening's sublime shave included a magnificent face lather with
Barrister & Mann Bay Rum and my Yaqi Sagrada Familia, then three delightfully smooth and
comfortable passes with my Lupo (Bamboo handle) and a fresh Nacet blade, and finished off
with a zesty splash of B & M Bay Rum after shave. Pretty darn perfect !!!

36B1F1E3-96FC-427D-8121-747D1FAD8035.jpeg

Hey Gents ….. Over a year later, with many more shaves, still really loving my RazoRock Lupo .72 with the Bamboo handle. My regular rotation is the Timeless Bronze SB, Rockwell 6C (plate 4), RR Lupo, Timeless Aluminum, and RazoRock Hawk v3. Feather blade in the Aluminum, Nacet blade in the other three DE’s, and Schick Proline in the Hawk. All five razors allow me to enjoy sweet smooth serendipitous sublime shaves. (Yes, I’m a big fan os alliterations !). But back on point, the RR Lupo is a winner !

Last edited:
Hey Gents ….. Over a year later, with many more shaves, still really loving my RazoRock Lupo .72 with the Bamboo handle. My regular rotation is the Timeless Bronze SB, Rockwell 6C (plate 4), RR Lupo, Timeless Aluminum, and RazoRock Hawk v3. Feather blade in the Aluminum, Nacet blade in the other three DE’s, and Schick Proline in the Hawk. All five razors allow me to enjoy sweet smooth serendipitous sublime shaves. (Yes, I’m a big fan os alliterations !). But back on point, the RR Lupo is a winner !
How do you like the Timeless Bronze? That’s one I’m currently lusting for.

How do you like the Timeless Bronze? That’s one I’m currently lusting for.

For me and my face, with a Gillette Nacet, it's pretty darn perfect.
A well balanced heavy weight, with "just the right amount" of blade feel, to create a consistent
smooth sublime shave. A nice natural patina with age, which is easily polished out to the almost
original shiny bronze finish. If you have the budget to allow for it, go get it and enjoy ! Have fun !

I’ve been really enjoying both the Lupo 72 and 95 since I got them last June. To me they shave very similarly, but after some extensive back and forth, the 72 works just a tad better for me. I know I will eventually try more new razors (and more old razors), but I can’t really think of anything I’d like to be different. The razor is pretty much perfect for me.

Just to revive this thread after a couple months:
Just got my Lupo 72 after using an aluminum Lupo for a while. The 72 is incredible (build, shave quality), everything!!
That's all I have to say!

Congrats! I have the Lupo 72 and 95. I was coming off a Gamechanger 84 and at first the Lupo 72 was my favorite but over time they've flip-flopped.

Regardless, the Lupo is one of my all time favorites. There is blade feel yes, but I find it a very smooth, intuitive shaver. Not smooth like my Wolfman WR2, the Lupo 95 has a bit more blade feel but I can start a stroke high on my cheek and head south right down the cheek, over my sharp jawline and even down the neck if I wish. One long stroke. No skip or nick... just perfect control. That's not my usual way to shave with it - more just experimental.
For my skin, the SS Lupo plus a Minora blade or 7 O'clock SharpEdge is a fantastic combo but it doesn't seem to be picky about blades anyway.

Hope you enjoy it.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Just to revive this thread after a couple months:
Just got my Lupo 72 after using an aluminum Lupo for a while. The 72 is incredible (build, shave quality), everything!!
That's all I have to say!

The Lupo is a great, consistent shaver. Will always be in my rotation.

Top Bottom