What's new

Oh no !, .... not another Lupo .72 thread !, ... But ...

Why not grab one now, and try, just try, to talk yourself out of it in 10 months. (You won't be able to part with it)
The first image that came to mind after reading your comment was Robert De Niro saying "You, you, you're good you!" in the scene from Analyze This!

To answer your question, I'm participating in a shave purchase sabbatical at the moment. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

The first image that came to mind after reading your comment was Robert De Niro saying "You, you, you're good you!" in the scene from Analyze This!

To answer your question, I'm participating in a shave purchase sabbatical at the moment. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Well, I guess that's a good excuse. I never was good at the will power stuff. Stay strong then! And I won't tempt you anymore with how much I like my 95, I'm just waiting for the right handle to grab a 72. Then, because I like the Lupo 95 so much, I just might sell my GameChanger collection. But, again, I'm not trying to tempt anyone here.....

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I have the Lupo DC and must say its .72 OC and .95 SB side are very good, even extremely good, but there is also the Game Changer .84 OC, and I like it consistently better. So if you don't have it already, the GC .84 OC might be worth a try, too! :)

When I ordered the razor, the Bamboo was the only handle available. I'm happy, as it is pretty darn perfect.
Please let us know how you're doing with the Lupo/UFO combination. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

So far so good with the razor, 3 shaves in and it is one of the best I have tried. I have tried a number of the vintage and a few of the modern offerings.

Overall, this razor works very well for me, I am happy with it, and would recommend it to others without reservation.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I just can't decide on which to get the .72 or .95 I love my gamechanger .84sb I think i might have to wait,save up and get both.:devil2:
1615256180507.gif

Update i've just ordered the .72 with a bulldog handle.I couldn't afford both so i'll get the other in a while.:devil: It will take a while to get here it's got to go through France and onto the UK as Italian Barber won't send to us now we're outcasted.:sad:I'll post pics when i get it in a week or two.Whoohoo another razor on the way.Take care everyone.

Third shave with my Lupo .72 and Nacet blade (3) last evening. RasoZero Barbacco soap face lathered with my Simpsons Berkeley Best. Three delightful passes for a smooth comfortable BBS result, with (again) no irritation whatsoever. This truly is an awesome razor.

That bamboo handle looks very familiar.

I bought the Lupo with the Bamboo handle, as it was the only handle available on the IB website at the time of my purchase.
But, after only three shaves so far, I have no desire to try another handle.
The razor with the Bamboo seems perfectly weighted, extremely well balanced, and very securely gripped in my hand.
And ..... it's so pretty !
Sublime shaving indeed.

Last edited:
I bought a couple of new blades to try in the Lupo when it arrives, Gillette Silver Blue and Gillette Platinum.

My .72 seems to work well with different blades. So far, I've tried GSB, Voskhod, Nacet and today had a great 2-pass, zero irritation shave with an old stock Polsilver Super Iridium. Another shave with the Polsilver planned for tomorrow, then no shave until Sunday evening... going to try a 7 o'clock yellow in the Lupo .95

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
My .72 seems to work well with different blades. So far, I've tried GSB, Voskhod, Nacet and today had a great 2-pass, zero irritation shave with an old stock Polsilver Super Iridium. Another shave with the Polsilver planned for tomorrow, then no shave until Sunday evening... going to try a 7 o'clock yellow in the Lupo .95

I have a bunch of, what I consider to be, good blades. At least, ones that work well for me:

Derby Premium
Derby Usta
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum
Personna Israeli Red
Personna Lab Blue
Personna Med Prep
Wilkinson Sword (German)
Astra SS
Gillette Platinum
Gillette Silver Blue

Hoping one of those will hit a home run with it. Have high hopes on the Gillette Platinum and Silver Blue. The Platinum I've tried before and liked very much...way back...rated it a 10 out of 10, but never went back and picked up any. I keep seeing forum members really like the Silver Blues. Will see.

Third shave with my Lupo .72 and Nacet blade (3) last evening. RasoZero Barbacco soap face lathered with my Simpsons Berkeley Best. Three delightful passes for a smooth comfortable BBS result, with (again) no irritation whatsoever. This truly is an awesome razor.
I can't wait to get mine.I find it hard to believe there's anything out there better than the gamechanger .84sb.If it's as good i'm onto a winner everyone keeps saying it's a little bit smoother and a little bit more efficient.
I can't wait to get mine you're making me drool.:p

Top Bottom