What's new

Oh no !, .... not another Lupo .72 thread !, ... But ...

he purchased the Timeless Crown handle to go with the Lupo 72. He got the handle from Timeless
The polished Timeless Ti Crown handle is a perfect match for the Lupo .72.
I can't wait to get mine.I find it hard to believe there's anything out there better than the gamechanger .84sb.If it's as good i'm onto a winner everyone keeps saying it's a little bit smoother and a little bit more efficient.
I just finished comparing shaves with the Game Changer .68 SB and the Lupo .72--two consecutive shaves with each. The Lupo, for me, is markedly smoother and irritates me less.

I have a GameChanger 84-SB, GameChanger 84-OC and the Lupo 95-SB. The Lupo 95 provides a nice, close shave but I get a few weepers if I'm not careful; the GameChanger 84-OC is about the same, though not as close. The GameChanger 84-SB is a mindless shave that's very good and weeper-less but not as close as the Lupo 95.

Would the Lupo 72 be different enough from the GameChanger 84-SB to make it worth trying? I'm looking for a closer shave that's still mostly mindless. I plan on selling or giving away a razor or two once I figure out what works best for me. Thanks.

Last edited:

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Would the Lupo 72 be different enough from the GameChanger 84-SB to make it worth trying? I'm looking for a closer shave that's still mostly mindless.
I have the Lupo DC, so a .95 SB and a .72 OC side.

Both are roughly equal but I liked the Game Changer .84 SB and OC better.

I said it a lot already, the Lupo .95 OC doesn't quite behave as expected, but in a good way.

Instead of a Lupo .72 SB or OC I would rather stay with the GC .84 SB... or make a leap of faith and try the Lupo .95 OC. It's definitely higher injury potential than the Game Changer, but a very well behaved razor. And it got quite a few fans here, it's a really good one.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
My two favorite Lupo razors are the .72 SB and the .95 OC. The .72 is a tad easier to use...more care-free than the .95 OC. But the.95 OC I wouldn't describe as a scary ride at all. I personally find it to be a fairly easy shaver as well. .72 SB is even easier though. If any of that helps. Comparing both to my Game Changer .84 OC, I'd put the Lupo .72 SB on par with that as far as ease of use and care-free shave experience, but I'd give the Lupo the edge as far as giving a closer shave. I still use the Game Changer .84 OC though...sweet, easy razor.

Just ordered a Lupo 95 and a 72 baseplate to try as well, after enjoying using the aluminum lupo for a few weeks (my go-to travel razor). I absolutely love my GC 84, so I'm excited to try its much-acclaimed cousins. Will likely get rid of my GC 64 plate soon due to my preference for the 84. I'll keep whichever Lupo plate suits me best.

I also have an Era and will be returning either the 4 or the 5 plate. I hope I'm not stockpiling several different razors that all produce similar results (decent blade feel but comfortable, smooth shaving) - I'd like to keep a small collection with degrees of variance for 1) mindless, 2) daily, 3) close, 4) BBS options...but man I love these little pieces of hardware.

I have a GameChanger 84-SB, GameChanger 84-OC and the Lupo 95-SB. The Lupo 95 provides a nice, close shave but I get a few weepers if I'm not careful; the GameChanger 84-OC is about the same, though not as close. The GameChanger 84-SB is a mindless shave that's very good and weeper-less but not as close as the Lupo 95.

Would the Lupo 72 be different enough from the GameChanger 84-SB to make it worth trying? I'm looking for a closer shave that's still mostly mindless. I plan on selling or giving away a razor or two once I figure out what works best for me. Thanks.
I wound up purchasing the Lupo 72 SB to round out my collection and have shaved a dozen times with it. The Lupo 72 SB is a great razor that falls just a bit more aggressive than the GameChanger 84 SB and quite a bit less aggressive than the Lupo 95 SB. I get an occassional weeper with the 72 but no irritation and a much closer shave than the GameChanger 84 SB.

I feel that the Lupo 72 is very similar to the GC 84 SB but provides a slightly closer shave. The GC 84 OC was a waste of money, provides no benefits over then GC 84 SB and provides more risks and negative aspects. The Lupo 95 SB is good but a little too aggresssive for me.

For the record, I've shaved off 7 days growth with the Lupo 72 and GameChanger 84 SB so see no use for the GC 84 OC. I've shaved off a month of growth with a Gillette Sensor Excel; here's my before picture:
untitled 92.jpg

That's me on the left and the actual BigHairyGobbler on the right. She's scared because I've been gone over two months and she's never seen me with a beard. That's not really a beard, I just didn't shave for the last month of my deployment.

I'll probably wind up giving away my two GameChangers and keeping the two Lupos.

I love my GC 0.84P (comfort and shave result), and am now looking into a Lupo. Which one would you guys advise? The 72 or 95? And SB or OC? I tend to like SB plates more than OC plates.

I have both the GC 68-P and the GC 84-P. I love both these razors. I also plan on getting the "Lupo .95". Now, I'm not convinced this won't be too aggressive for me. Michael at Italian Barber said, if I can handle the "GC 84-P " the "Lupo .95" shouldn't be a problem. IDK, but I'll find out. It might end up being my first "B-S-T"?

b/r

ON_1

[All plates mentioned are SB.]

This morning, used my Lupo 58 SB for the first time. I had wondered how it might compare to Yates 921 M or H and the Gamechanger 68 and 84. Actually, I anticipated having to order the Lupo 72 SB to have a fair "shaving results" comparison.

To my surprise, the two-pass-plus-buff result of the Lupo 58 approximated the Yates 921 H and Gamechanger 84 results much more than their milder counterparts.

I'll probably order (RAD meaning - within the next 24 hours) the Lupo 72 SB to test the higher efficiency (even if it exceeds Yates 921 H and Gamechanger 84) to see if the results are irritation free.

I really enjoyed the Lupo first shave!

I love my GC 0.84P (comfort and shave result), and am now looking into a Lupo. Which one would you guys advise? The 72 or 95? And SB or OC? I tend to like SB plates more than OC plates.
I prefer the Lupo 95 by a wide margin, though the more I use the Lupo 72 the more I like it. I think the Lupo 72 is much more prone to causing irritation than the Lupo 95.

I prefer the Lupo 95 by a wide margin, though the more I use the Lupo 72 the more I like it. I think the Lupo 72 is much more prone to causing irritation than the Lupo 95.

My theory is that the 0.95 is blade forward and feels blade forward, so when shaving with it due caution is exercised. Despite also being blade forward, the 0.72 doesn't feel aggressive at all, so it's much easier to over-do things because it doesn't provide the feedback that you get from the 0.95.

At least, that's my excuse.

Top Bottom