What's new

Oh my! I forgot I had this! Just found it when cleaning the bathroom cabinet earlier!

Good evening again all fellow shavers.

Something I forgot I had and found it by sheer chance when I was sorting out the bathroom cabinet earlier, my Gillette Fusion razor. I remember buying it just to see what all the fuss was about a few years ago. I used it once; never again as it nearly tore my face to ribbons. Even my Mach3 gives a better shave than this.

Jason.
IMG_3257.JPG

I had been a Mach3 shaver for many years when the five-bladed nonsense showed up. I tried it but had a heck of a time getting around my Adam's apple and under my nose. Yes, it has the edging blade but it's also on a moving head so it wasn't what I'd call accurate. My wife still likes them but let's just say I'm very happy to have discovered wet shaving.

For the record, I still don't think Mach3 is the worst razor on the planet. I don't love the cost nor the waste but I could honestly see using a decent soap and brush with a cartridge wouldn't be the end of the world, say on vacation for instance.

I used Fusions for years and my wife still does. Nothing wrong with them IMO except the insanely high price of cartridge. They always gave me good shaves and never any cuts.

I've never tried the Fusion razor. I went from a Mach3 to a DE razor. This post reminded me that I still have my Mach3 razor. I won't get rid of it, it was my first razor.

I used both Mach 3 and Fusion 5.
The Price of the cartridges is insane, the result of using both in a single ATG pass is about the same as a single ATG pass with a DE for me. I never gave that much thought and was quite happy with the result but now that I've been de shaving for a while, a 3 pass with DE is alot better. My wife actually enjoys kissing me now... At least thats what I like to tell myself.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have not tried a Fushion yet. I have one here somewhere. I will try it though and then I will know what the go is.

I have one of these! Y'all know I'm not one to exaggerate, so trust me when I say it gave me a facelift while I shaved! True story doggone!

Werstest part was shaving my forehead.
And I always assumed your incredibly handsome face came naturally

I think that I am fortunate in abandoning cartridges after the 3 blade version... My experience with each added blade became more expensive and less satisfying for results. I still have a 2 blade Bic for occasional trimming but, 99% of it is now DE except for occasional air travel.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
And I always assumed your incredibly handsome face came naturally
Oh NO! My dear mother was frightened by a "toady frog" while pregnant with me. I came out lookin' like a swamp monster. I was so ugly the townsfolk passed the hat and paid for plastic surgery just so's I could go to skool!

As nice a fella as @Chandu wouldn't even walk to skool with me until they took the bandages off.

Good thing my folks had my marriage arranged before I was born! The lovely War Department thanks my mom to THIS DAY!

ALL of the proceeding is mostly true, doggone.

Top Bottom