What's new

Oh, mighty Feather...

This was unexpected. After discovering the Iridiums and finding Med Preps were even better, I decided to load the Feather blade that came with the Feather Popular I had in the back of my drawer.
The lucky razor that I chose: the excellent Yaqi Mellon. This hidden gem is a SLOC, a mild shaver that actually delivers an intens BBB while head shaving. The BIC Platinum, the Iridium and the Med Prep all perform superb with the Mellon.
Every time I change something in my gear, I use my trusted soap, the best by far for me: the Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite.
First pass: WTG. Very nice. Second pass: XTG: hands down for the Feather. BBB just as good as the Med Prep. And then it happened. While doing the touch up behind my ears I heard that scratchy sound of hair being shaved. I thought I had missed a patch while inspecting my head for spots to give a touch up. It surprised me, because my scalp looked and felt smooth while inspecting it with my fingers. Then I tried another part of my seemingly bald scalp. Suddenly I realised the Feather and the Mellon could go another mile. And they did. That lovely scratchy sound all over again. Leaving my scalp soft as silk.
Needless to say I was flabbergasted at what the Feather can do. No other blade could rival this performance.
I didn't think much of this blade. Thought it might be another overhyped thing. The Feather has made me stand corrected and I bow for this extraordinary masterpiece.
Nothing more to say. I'll just spend the rest of the evening enjoying going over my balded dome. Again and again.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
1639253634598.gif

@Jack Goossen , not yet, one day maybe.
I'm happy that the mellon head suits you to shave your head, I like the experiments you make. :thumbup1:

The mellon head is perfect for shaving the head, it looks like it was designed for bald men.
Since I discovered this head in October of this year, I swear by her.
Shaving the head is a real pleasure with this razor head and no longer a chore.

Glad you like the feather. Tell us how many shaves it lasts.
My first impression is it lasts one complete head shave. My hair is coarse, due to age, so a full head shave probably counts for about 4 to 5 beard shaves. The last strokes became a bit less smooth, resulting in a tiny nick. Remember the Feather worked harder than my other blades are able to. To be honest, I am reluctant to push the Feather further, but I'll use this blade for my next beard shave, since I love experimenting. I will shave until it nicks or starts pulling.

Top Bottom