What's new

Oh Corn Huskers...how I missed ye~

So I've said many times that I work in a factory, it's hot, it's dirty, it's standing on my feet for 10-12 hours a day 4-6 days a week. I come home with extremely painful feet and dry, irritated hands from being in cheap work gloves all day. I've tried various lotions to try to recuperate from the ordeal with varying degrees of results. So far the worst results I've had are with walmart-brand "Aloe Cool & Fresh" lotion..it smells really good..but doesn't do a good job.

When browsing the aisle I noticed something my dad used to use when I was younger, and he used it a lot. Good ol' Corn Huskers Lotion. I snagged me a bottle and figured I'd give it a try. It's been almost a week using it now and I have exactly 0 regrets for picking this old icon up. The smell brings back a lot of memories and stays with me for most of the day..in fact I find myself missing it halfway through work. My hands don't get dry or irritated from being in gloves caked in axle grease anymore. And while my feet still hurt a lot by the end of the day...they don't hurt nearly as much and recuperate much quicker when I get home. Now I've been using a LOT of it and the bottle is like 1/4 gone in less than a week...but it's totally worth it. :lol:

It's the type of lotion that's extremely greasy at first..so don't just slather it on and be on your way. Massage/rub it in for a good 20-30 seconds or so and it'll be less greasy than most big name lotions..and feel and smell a whole lot better. And last a WHOLE lot longer. I highly recommend it to anyone with problems with dry hands and/or those who are on their feet all day.

proxy.php

People never seem to agree when I say this - but it is great for after a shave - rivals the Trumpers Skin Food - great stuff!

It is an excellent old classic product that is always in our home. It is much more effective than many products costing much more. We find it to be very effective for many kinds of skin conditions.

Regards,

Doug

I wanted to love CH (I use and love a lot of the ole time products), but it just doesn't do it for me. In the winter when my hands get all cracked, CH makes them feel better when I apply it, but they just don't seem to heal. Plain Jergen's seems to work much better overnight. I'm going to give it another go this winter, though.

Some of the cheaper solutions are just as good as the expensive ones - maybe better. I use Lubriderm as an AS balm all the time. Cheap as they come and it does a wonderful job of keeping my skin from drying out (a problem I have). Its neutral smell makes it compatible with all EDTs so I have the best of both worlds.

I have used CH when working on the farm as a youth. Thanks for posting - will go get some and try it as AS balm.

People never seem to agree when I say this - but it is great for after a shave - rivals the Trumpers Skin Food - great stuff!

+1 I learned to mix it with a splash in the winter as a kid. My 96 yr old grandfather still mixes it with Skin Bracer!

I wanted to love CH (I use and love a lot of the ole time products), but it just doesn't do it for me. In the winter when my hands get all cracked, CH makes them feel better when I apply it, but they just don't seem to heal. Plain Jergen's seems to work much better overnight. I'm going to give it another go this winter, though.

Do you massage it in or just slather it on and move on? Rubbed in thoroughly I've found it does a better job than anything else I have ever used, cheap or expensive.

A bottle of this has been in my bathroom since I was 20 years old. And I'm going to be 59 in October. Nothing, and I do mean NOTHING works as well.

Top Bottom