What's new

Oh boy! Lord platinum blades

I have coarse facial hair therefore I've been using the Astra SP for the past two years. Recently ordered feather blades from eBay. 3 days ago I shaved with the feather blade in my edwin jaggee de 89. It was the smoothest closest shave I had in a long time.
Today I received the Lord Platinum blades from Amazon. I ordered them because I was reading good reviews on them. Oh boy!! I must say this was the closest and smoothest shave I ever gotten. Again I used my de-89 razor.

These were gifted to me by a local here in Erbil. They are fantastic. I'm not a big fan of Feathers. Then again I haven't tried them since I first started this journey. I do have some Lord Tajam Blades I picked up in the Philippines. Not bad either. My favorite blade is still the Dorco Prime. Don't know why, but I have yet to get a bad shave from one.

I love the Lord Platinum blades as well. I have tried many of the blades made by Lord, and generally they have all been good. I purchased 100 Silver Stars on Amazon (special at 7.99) back in December, and they are now my favorite Lord manufactured blade...after going through a couple of tucks.

Out of all the Lord factory blades, I've only tried the Big Ben blades which I found to be dull. I've got some Silver Star blades in my den waiting to be tried out but it looks like I'll have to add Lord Platinum's to my list of blades to try as well going by the reviews above!

I have been using Lord Platinums for some years now and they work very well in most of my razors.
Lord Silver Star is one of my favorite blades, for me they feel a bit sharper than Astra SS but not as smooth.
The latest Lord blade in my collection is Lord Super Chrome, bought 200 for about 13 Euros (if I remember correctly) and this blade is just super, Sharper than the Plat's and smoother than Silver Star.
I like Lord blades but as always, YMMV

I tried shaving with shark super stainless in many razors because I didn't want to dismiss them but they are very harsh and not that sharp. I had to let go of these blades.

I tried shaving with shark super stainless in many razors because I didn't want to dismiss them but they are very harsh and not that sharp. I had to let go of these blades.

I don't believe that ALL the multiiple Lord brands are actually unique, but the Shark Super Stainless was the only one which stood out negatively to me. Any other Lord products all left a favorable impression.

I have tried almost all of the Lord blades and the only ones I really don’t like are Rainbows and Sharks.

I regularly use Silver Star, Big Ben, Racer, Asco, Platinum Class, Crown and Cool blades and they are all good IMO.

I have tried almost all of the Lord blades and the only ones I really don’t like are Rainbows and Sharks.

I regularly use Silver Star, Big Ben, Racer, Asco, Platinum Class, Crown and Cool blades and they are all good IMO.
How do you like silver Star blades? Are they comparable to Lord Platinum?

How many did you buy? Let us know if you experience QC issues. Lord is notorious for it.
Me?

If so, 400 total.

I bought 100 early last year, 100 late last year and just received another 200. I haven’t tried any of the latest shipment, but I haven’t had any QC issues with Silver Stars. I have had a couple of bad Racer and Cool blades though.

Top Bottom