What's new

Officina Artigiana - USA availability

just noticed that the Italian Barber (CAN) now stocks matching aftershave splashes for the two OA croaps, and DOES ship to the USA.

Good news for those of us who enjoy these croaps, but didnt have access to the matching AS, due to shipping restrictions for alcohol-containing liquids from the EU.

I noticed that this week as well. High alcohol - I wish it had some skin food in it. I'm interested in the strength and longevity of the scent since they state that they use much more fragrance than most AS. (They use 15% compared to what they say is the usual 4%.)

I just used the Stay Traditional splash for the first time. Finally I can detect the scent (honestly I can *barely* detect a scent in the soap, although it lathers a treat). The bottle says I will be inebriated (by the scent) until the end of the day. I'll try to remember tomorrow to report if I go to bed tonight still "dancing in a cloud of white musk."

Definitely felt the alcohol burn :eek: but face feel after drydown etc feels good.

The regular one has long staying power. I divvied up the bottle in an atomizer and use this half as EDT. The Stay Original is a citric (grapefruit) and therefore more fleeting.

The regular one has long staying power. I divvied up the bottle in an atomizer and use this half as EDT. The Stay Original is a citric (grapefruit) and therefore more fleeting.

Is there prehaps some inconsistiency in the mix?

my experience is that the Stay Traditional AS is SERIOUSLY STRONG. Easily the most potent, scent-wise, of any AS that I own. Im actually considering dilluting it down with some witch hazel.

The Oli de Bennessare is just “regular strength” to my nose.

Is there prehaps some inconsistiency in the mix?

my experience is that the Stay Traditional AS is SERIOUSLY STRONG. Easily the most potent, scent-wise, of any AS that I own. Im actually considering dilluting it down with some witch hazel.

The Oli de Bennessare is just “regular strength” to my nose.
The woody notes of Oli de Bennessare stay much longer on fabric. The Stay Traditional has a blast of grapefruit with a hint of strawberries and is gone much quicker for me. As to batch variances I’m on my 3rd bottle of OdB and first of ST. So far the OdB was consistently strong.

Top Bottom