What's new

Officina Artigiana soaps in the U.S.

I was turned on the two Officina Artigiana soaps here on B&B and they've become favorites, with "Stay Traditional" being the one I'd choose above all others if I could only have one soap from here on out. I couldn't find them from any U.S. vendors when I got mine, but now see that both The Razor Company and Maggard Razors carry them stateside.

I'm hoping they'll be able to get the aftershaves, too, which I'm very much looking forward to trying. Passing this along just to share a product that, imho, deserve more attention: Phenomenal scents and top flight performance.

Last edited:
Luckily they’ve been available to me in Canada for a while now through Top of the Chain. It’s not always like that.

Yeah, that's where I bought mine, and they were a fine vendor to deal with. I'd happily buy from them again if they were the closest source. But international shipping (even when intracontinental) is so slow these days.

I'm hoping they'll be able to get the aftershaves, too, which I'm very much looking forward to trying.

I had the occasion to speak to someone directly at therazorcompany about the AS.
He cited a LONG wait to receive an order of alcohol-containing liquid from the EU (3 months or more!)

and it left me wondering: has the B&B Community ever approached a vendor to arrange for a group "pre-order"?
If we guaranteed some reasonable volume for a quick sale after import, maybe that is something a Vendor would be amenable to?

has the B&B Community ever approached a vendor to arrange for a group "pre-order"?

Good question--looking forward to hearing if there's a precedent for this. I'd certainly commit to buying at least two bottles of O. A. aftershave. But since I've never tried it, and so few people have (it's a new product), I'm not sure how much of a commitment there would be. Very different from a product that already has an established fan base.

Good question--looking forward to hearing if there's a precedent for this. I'd certainly commit to buying at least two bottles of O. A. aftershave. But since I've never tried it, and so few people have (it's a new product), I'm not sure how much of a commitment there would be. Very different from a product that already has an established fan base.

Been using Proraso Single-blade "Wood & Spice" Balm,
as a reasonable compliment to the "5 oils" Officina Artigiana;
but I really want the "real stuff" from OA...

The "Stay Traditional" is so unique, I have no AS that I can think of that would compliment well, however

The "Stay Traditional" is so unique, I have no AS that I can think of that would compliment well, however

I just picked up Ethos Melange d-Agrumes splash (also available from The Razor Company) and it pairs up really well with Stay Traditional. A little pricey, but really nice stuff, both performance and scent-wise.

However, come warmer weather, I like to get profligate with citrusy alcohol splashes, and for that I look forward to the Officina Artigiana. In the meantime, there's always Lucky Tiger--still citrusy (though plain), mild enough to go with almost anything, and cheap.

I just picked up Ethos Melange d-Agrumes splash (also available from The Razor Company) and it pairs up really well with Stay Traditional. A little pricey, but really nice stuff, both performance and scent-wise.

However, come warmer weather, I like to get profligate with citrusy alcohol splashes, and for that I look forward to the Officina Artigiana. In the meantime, there's always Lucky Tiger--still citrusy (though plain), mild enough to go with almost anything, and cheap.

Picked up the Ethos AS, and first use today.
Really nice scent and feels great.
The scent is definitely heavier on the grapefruit than the OA Traditional soap,
but it is an ok match.

Hoping Razor Co. or Maggard's decides to stock the OA aftershaves soon!

Picked up the Ethos AS, and first use today.
Really nice scent and feels great.

Hoping Razor Co. or Maggard's decides to stock the OA aftershaves soon!

Glad you're enjoying the Ethos! Does your bottle appear to have actual shredded pink grapefruit pulp in it? My basement bathroom/shave dungeon is pretty cold these days and it takes some serious agitation to get all those Ethos elements re-homogenized--they gel together at the bottom. But it's worth it. If I were a 1%er I'd fill a hot tub with this stuff, and then have my butler serve me Dom Perignon/grapefruit mimosas.

Glad you're enjoying the Ethos! Does your bottle appear to have actual shredded pink grapefruit pulp in it? My basement bathroom/shave dungeon is pretty cold these days and it takes some serious agitation to get all those Ethos elements re-homogenized--they gel together at the bottom. But it's worth it. If I were a 1%er I'd fill a hot tub with this stuff, and then have my butler serve me Dom Perignon/grapefruit mimosas.

Yes - bits of "pulp"
floating around in there.

Top Bottom