What's new

Officially checking in and saying hello

hello all, from Charleston, SC! I've been reading and posting here since December and have learned a ton. I switched from cartridge shaving to DE shaving back in December, and have picked up a small collection of stuff.

This "hobby" can be a little overwhelming to a n00b, so I appreciate the guidance and community here.

I started out with a gillette red tip, an old Burma brush and mug and a puck of van derhagen. I still feel like all of those are good solid products, but now have a little stockpile of stirling soap, a whipped dog silvertip and a weber stainless bulldog, and a even a jar of MdC fougére. Lately, instead of rotating products every day I've been sticking to one soap/cream for a week at a time and really getting a feel for how to get it to work best.

Anyway, just a note of thanks for all the guidance and help, and bad influence I've gotten here. :)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394890919.188068.jpg

Pete, you have an enviable collection for ANY level of shaver. Beautiful stuff. Welcome to B and B! Glad to have you.

Welcome to the B&B. Glad you're here.

Looks like you're gonna fit in here quite nicely!!! Good show!

Apparently, you suffer from early-onset ADs, but you have a nice collection. Welcome, and glad to have you aboard.

thanks all! I've really toned it down since the first month. there's stuff that didn't, ahem, make it into the picture. I'm probably going to end up giving some of this stuff to friends that I'm trying to convert, and will probably post a PIF here soon. :)

Nice set up. I just used some Van Der Hagen luxery this morning. I agree, it's a good soap. There are just so many to try LOL.

Started with a red tip?! Well, how did that go?

Anyways, welcome to b&b. You great have a great collection for a newbie!

I really didn't even know what I was buying when I got the red tip. it actually worked out really well because I was totally afraid for the first week. I had a couple of gushers in the first month from getting too comfortable, but overall I've found that razor to be really smooth. the weber is a very similar feel, but obviously heavier. the other bulldog handle razor there is a muhle r41 with an ikon handle. that thing is scary.

Hi Texaspete. Great to have you here. Great place to learn this craft. I am in Charlotte, NC and I love your name. TP is my favorite hot sauce.

Top Bottom