What's new

Official Single Edge September (SEptember) Thread

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
What does everyone think about Single Edge September? :)

I've been meaning to update the SE Razor Comparison thread. This would give us a lot more data points to add to the thread. :)

For purposes of this new thread, we could include SE Razors, replaceable blade Folding and Straight Shavettes/Barber-Razors, etc.

Who would find this interesting?

Thoughts and opinions are welcome! :)

SEptember, Slantember, I might oscillate.

I understand that injector razors are not invited, but how about my Mingoose - 3 piece that uses an injector or a stylist blade.

I have a number of vintage single-edge razors but have never used any of them.

I think SE September is a rad idea. After what I'm about to do for August, I'll be in some need of a change.

Looks like I have a month or so to pick up some proper blades. What do you all suggest for say, a Gem?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have a number of vintage single-edge razors but have never used any of them.

I think SE September is a rad idea. After what I'm about to do for August, I'll be in some need of a change.

Looks like I have a month or so to pick up some proper blades. What do you all suggest for say, a Gem?
The Personna GEM blades from Connaught are what I use. :)

@KMF79

Gem SS Ptfe
Gem SS uncoated
Gem Blue Star (carbon)
Gem Carbon
PAL Blue Carbon

All made by Accutec I believe. I just invested in two trays of the PTFE from Connaught. If they make it across the pond I’d be happy to mail you a few.
Hey Tanuki. I like your name by the way.

Thanks for the list. I like learning so researching is somewhat of a hobby of mine. I’m definitely going to be looking into all of those as I also happened to be one of those fellows that likes variety. Having a couple, few blades to choose from suits me.

I would love to take you up on the offer. I’m currently living in California but will be moving to Oregon at the end of the first week of August. So looks like I’ll be a fellow Oregonian like yourself 😉

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Accutec the American company that makes Persona blades as well?

Last edited:
Top Bottom