What's new

Off with their heads.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Very funny, and I must say that the restraint shown by you and our other GSL friends over the ditch has been admirable.

Sometimes Trans-Tasman rivalry has its place. It can add to the crowd atmosphere etc. Other times we need to stand together.

I view this as a disappointing event but sadly it is not new to the sport at all.
The media will milk this for all it's worth.
I've heard a few past players, over the past few days. One said it was basically his job to chew mints........that helps make his saliva better for polishing the ball. Ah that's why it was passed to him in the slips, to have a turn at polishing the ball.
Another had said the old uniforms had zips........and a bottle cap in the pocket worked well.
I don't see this a solely a slight on any one team or group of individuals but a cricket wide problem.

While the well worn saying "it's just not cricket" fit's here, I'm afraid to say cricket is letting itself down, as it has become cricket.

Aussie have a great cricket team, they will rise above this.

Sometimes Trans-Tasman rivalry has its place. It can add to the crowd atmosphere etc. Other times we need to stand together.

I view this as a disappointing event but sadly it is not new to the sport at all.
The media will milk this for all it's worth.
I've heard a few past players, over the past few days. One said it was basically his job to chew mints........that helps make his saliva better for polishing the ball. Ah that's why it was passed to him in the slips, to have a turn at polishing the ball.
Another had said the old uniforms had zips........and a bottle cap in the pocket worked well.
I don't see this a solely a slight on any one team or group of individuals but a cricket wide problem.

While the well worn saying "it's just not cricket" fit's here, I'm afraid to say cricket is letting itself down, as it has become cricket.

Aussie have a great cricket team, they will rise above this.

I think that the rise may take some time, if the reports are correct, because there'll be deep divisions within the team.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It will take quite some time I think to recover. I think all the Cricketing Nations need to take stock and stop this garbage that you must win at all costs. It used to be great watching a good combat between bat and ball. Then came the sledging. If you have to put the other person/team off just to win then this is not good sportsmanship in my book. All the teams are guilty of this but we Aussie's took it to another level. I am trying not to get too wound up. We need to take a broom and sweep right through the Australian Team. Our National have now reaped what they have sown.

The biggest problem I see is that once a sport becomes involved with large amounts of money, it is no longer a sport but part of the entertainment industry. The current players may have started to play cricket because of a love of the game but once they receive generous salaries for doing so, they are businessmen and no longer sportsmen. At that point the idea of "the spirit of the game" goes out the window.

Top Bottom