What's new

Off with My Beard

I've transitioned between full beard and round beard for over five years but the other day I decided it was time to rid my face of the brush pile. I'd been sportin' the goatee/mustache for way too long. And since they went out in the mid-90's, I figured I'd part with mine.

The first clean shave on all parts of my face happened this morning with a Feather in my Merkur. It was a challenge to shave my mustache area and under my chin, I'm learning to slow up and take it easy on those parts. I did give myself a couple weepers under the chin this morning, but the alum block stopped them quickly.

The wife said it was nice to see my face again.

Only time my wife has seen me without a mustache was after Warrant Officer Candidate School. She was happy I grew it again. Hope you enjoy the extra shave time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Goatees and mustaches out?? Guess Im not in style anymore. Besides, the wife has never seen me without facial hair, Im pretty certain that if I took it all off she would think someone broke into the house and shoot me.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I've transitioned between full beard and round beard for over five years but the other day I decided it was time to rid my face of the brush pile. I'd been sportin' the goatee/mustache for way too long. And since they went out in the mid-90's
Sez who. Facial hair has never really been out. Not that I really care if it is in or out, I do what I want.:a30:

Please pardon me on the goatee comment. I was wrong. After I cut mine off she says she liked me better with it, and specifically said not the full beard the goatee look. So it's all for nothing. It is nice to not have my mustache and beard get into everything I eat and drink. LOL

I didn't get the memo that mustaches and goatees went out of style in the ninety's so I'm keeping mine....

Sez who. Facial hair has never really been out. Not that I really care if it is in or out, I do what I want.:a30:

+1 and +1

At my high school, we had to be totally clean-shaven. The day I was handed my diploma was the second-to-last time I shaved my moustache and chin. The last time I shaved those areas was early on in my marriage, the Mrs. asked me to shave it all off, and the moment I showed her the result she requested that I never do that again. There was much mockery of my youthful countenance.
The full beard makes an annual winter appearance. I don't think she liked it at first, but she's either gotten used to it by now, or she's resigned to it.

Not to hi-jack my own post but I've got this '54 Tech (3 piece) and wonder what blades may work best. I have not used it in awhile, ready to try something new. Thanks.

Top Bottom