What's new

Off the beaten path--WSP and Mystic Waters ordered!

Having been on a steady diet of Barrister and Mann Reserve for a while, I switched it up with this order.

I picked up Formula T Olympus and the matching mentholated aftershave from WSP, and Tea tree Plus from Mystic Waters (blend of tea tree, lavandin, patchouli and lemongrass) which I think just sounds nice.

Anyone have experience with these flavors yet? I have used WSP Tobacco in the past and enjoyed both the scent and performance, and am finishing up a Jeff's Lavender shave stick from Mystic Waters--both are great, it'll be interesting to see how they stack up against my current B and M reserve habit.

I have the Formula T Olympus soap, and it is an excellent performing soap in every respect. Scent is, of course, very subjective. It is supposed to be an imitation of Creed Aventus, but I have never smelled Aventus so I can't say how well it achieves that goal.

WSP Olympus FT & aftershave are top shelf performers in my book! Love the rich creamy slick lather from the tallow base! The matching scent in the EdP is also wonderful!

WSP Olympus FT will always have a den spot along with other equally outstanding soaps like B&M Reserve, WK, Haslinger, Tabac, Fine, Sudsy Soapery, Midnight & Two, Henry et Victoria, & Stirling. To be named alongside other greats like that, shows how good it really is IMO!!
2018-07-10 17.19.35.jpg

I have used fine platinum and like it, and reading about aventus is sounds like there are variations in the batches themselves .

Comparisons aside do you enjoy the Olympus scent ?

If WSP soaps are as good as the soap that they make for Lather & Wood (L&W), you will not have any issues. I have the L&W Barbershop. L&W is on the same platform as WSP's T Formula.

Formula T and Mystic Water soaps are about as good a soap base as they get. I know many have issues lathering with MW...but I have never had that issue...and I absolutely love their scents!

Top Bottom