What's new

"Off" scent in Thierry Mugler?

I recently bought a decant of this cologne. I read in the reviews a description of "Creed....at half the price." While I like the dry-down, to me the opening has an almost vinegary-scent.
Anyone else sense that? I'm wondering if it could be the decant. Supposedly, M. Mugler sought a scent reminiscent of a childhood soap. Perhaps theri soaps were different, but I've never smelled soap like it.

I recently bought a decant of this cologne. I read in the reviews a description of "Creed....at half the price." While I like the dry-down, to me the opening has an almost vinegary-scent.
Anyone else sense that? I'm wondering if it could be the decant. Supposedly, M. Mugler sought a scent reminiscent of a childhood soap. Perhaps theri soaps were different, but I've never smelled soap like it.

It's not just your decant. The first time I sprayed some on, I thought "Mmmm, mustard..."

I'm not sure what it is in the ingredient stack that gives off that vinegar scent, but I prefer if it stayed in my dill pickles and not my cologne.

For me, vinegar is one substance I cannot stand. As far as I can remember, it has turned me off. I love lemon juice, so its not the acidity, its the scent. "Crisp" is not what I got from the opening, it was "off"!

Which version of Mugler? I have the A*Men Malt and it's heavenly, but is a little too feminine. Have to try and avoid drinking it.

Top Bottom