What's new

"Off-brand" Gillette Sensor Excel handle

Just came across this on eBay.

I've been collecting old cartridge razors like the PII and Vector. Been looking for a Sensor or Sensor Excel for a long while. I remember my Dad shaving with it in the 90's. All the real ones on eBay are quite expensive...no idea why. I just found this one and ordered it. Has anyone heard of this or even have one? The reviews seem to be very good.

From the image, could not tell if it is Gillette original or not? And if it is used or not? Very low price, good luck.... let us know what you find

Thanks...after I receive it and shave with it, I'll report back here. I live in Jersey and so does the seller so I should have it sooner than later.

That image is the only one I can find. I just have that and reviews to go by.
Based off the reviews I've read, it's identical to the original in size and weight. It just doesn't have any markings on it.

Boots the chemist here in the UK still sells both sensor carts (3 blades) and the handles. Mind I say that I did buy mine a few years back, but I was in store last week and it looked like they still sold both.

Boots the chemist here in the UK still sells both sensor carts (3 blades) and the handles. Mind I say that I did buy mine a few years back, but I was in store last week and it looked like they still sold both.

The metal Gillette Sensor was discontinued. If you see Gillette Sensor metal handles for sale, you might consider buying them to sell on Ebay. As I understand it, there is no Sensor handle available any longer in North America, but this is the new Gillette handle distributed in Europe, made in Poland (the same model is made and distributed in Asia):

Gillette sensor DE II.jpg

Which oddly doesn't resemble the original unlike the PII and Vector which are identical to the Trac II and Atra. And I'm sure is a light weight plastic.

I have one of the current handles, from India, it is very light weight, does shave adequately but feels flimsy.

So it arrived yesterday and I shaved with it today.

As you can see, it resembles the Sensor Excel. But it's not 100% identical. The blade is an official Sensor Excel blade.

I used Gillette foamy shave cream (my favorite) and chased the shave with Gillette Cool Wave after shave. Had a 90s shave.

I was a bit disappointed to see it wasnt identical and doesnt really match the photo on Ebay. But for the price, it gave a very nice and close shave. The razor has decent weight and feels very solid.

Attachments

• 20200328_101112.jpg
    20200328_101112.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 105
  • 20200328_101056.jpg
    20200328_101056.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
  • 20200328_101032.jpg
    20200328_101032.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
Top Bottom