What's new

Of the "things to buy" I have settled on just 5 or 6

Proraso Red and Green, Cella, Tabac, Cremo, Pacific Shaving Natural, and King of Shaves Alpha Gel....7 brands and I am happy with these.. I like the variety of the lather... some no lather at all and some high lather... I don't think you need a huge lather to have a great shave.. I like comfort and smoothness from the shaving cream as well. Shaving blades interest me more. _ have tried over 45 different brands and am constantly amazed.

I keep hearing people say good things about Voskhod.. i’m fairly new to traditional WetShaving l started six months ago. I have a shavette and the Muhle-R41 I use the derby premium half blades in the “Classic Samurai “ Shavette ...and I use PolSilver &Gillette Silver Blue in the R41. plus I tried the Muhle blade that came with it. I’ve only tried two Soaps so far LOL my first was Proraso Red and Stirling barbershop ✌️ TBH The barbershop burns my skin a little bit I heard it could be from too much lye or something.

I keep hearing people say good things about Voskhod.. i’m fairly new to traditional WetShaving l started six months ago. I have a shavette and the Muhle-R41 I use the derby premium half blades in the “Classic Samurai “ Shavette ...and I use PolSilver &Gillette Silver Blue in the R41. plus I tried the Muhle blade that came with it. I’ve only tried two Soaps so far LOL my first was Proraso Red and Stirling barbershop ✌️ TBH The barbershop burns my skin a little bit I heard it could be from too much lye or something.
Voshkod are in my top 6 or 7 blades so far..... one really needs to try different ones to see which ones work on your unique face and shavig style

The main thing is to have fun while working through the various and varied options!! :a29:

At least that is my favored approach!

Nice. Although most of those soaps don't work for me except for Cella. I'm sticking to couple as well and those are Stirling, Soap commander, TASS, Cella, Proraso, Razorock soaps. I tend to enjoy lighter scents so these all fit pretty well in that category.

I narrowed mine down to two: A&E and Stirling with the latter being my primary soap I use. I have 4 other brands I don't use anymore or are for special circumstances. I really got tired of going sample after sample and getting a similar performance in soaps.

Nice. Although most of those soaps don't work for me except for Cella. I'm sticking to couple as well and those are Stirling, Soap commander, TASS, Cella, Proraso, Razorock soaps. I tend to enjoy lighter scents so these all fit pretty well in that category.

TASS is one of my favorites. I currently have 12 of her soaps in rotation along with all 3 flavors of Proraso.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

TASS is one of my favorites. I currently have 12 of her soaps in rotation along with all 3 flavors of Proraso.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019
Nice! Although I'm not too keen on couple of the scents. I really wanted to try out Triumph but it ran out before I had the chance. -__-

I really got tired of going sample after sample and getting a similar performance in soaps.

Did this too. Settled on pretty much anything from Barrister and Mann. Top performance for me, and I dig the variety of weird/interesting scents.

I have around 15 others that just went into the box.

Nice! Although I'm not too keen on couple of the scents. I really wanted to try out Triumph but it ran out before I had the chance. -__-

Let me guess, Lime mint and Agave? lol.

I wanted to try that one as well along with the Route 66 one.

I can absolutely assure you that it is not from too much lye.

If you experience a slightly burning sensation with the lather on your face when you have not yet shaved, it is most likely that your skin is sensitive to one of the ingredients, most commonly either lanolin (which is present in Stirling soaps) or one of the scent components (whether they be essential oils or fragrance oils).

Let me guess, Lime mint and Agave? lol.

I wanted to try that one as well along with the Route 66 one.
I wasn't keen on the humidor, genesis, and strafford station. I sold the genesis but I still have the other two. It's neutral for me now but not my favorites.

I wasn't keen on the humidor, genesis, and strafford station. I sold the genesis but I still have the other two. It's neutral for me now but not my favorites.

Humidor is one of my favorites. I haven't tried the other 2. They were out as well when I got mine.

Top Bottom