What's new

Ode to Artisans of bygone Days

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Just used Sue's Lavendar aftershave balm yesterday, yes, this will be missed when it is gone...

Just used Sue's Lavendar aftershave balm yesterday, yes, this will be missed when it is gone...

My last SCS AS was Lime, and it was great. Strong lime scent coming out of the bottle that dissipated pretty quickly as citrus scents tend to do. Postshave feel was great, and the price.....Jeez, I think Sue and Wendy must have been selling them at cost. I miss them.

Oh yes! Refined is fantastic. I wish I had that in an AS and EdT. It is the same scent that was used by Gentlemen's Best for their Signature Series. (If any of you remember that line).
Ah, the cobwebs are coming off the recesses of my brain, and now I do remember both Gentlemen's Best and the "Refined" scent. I remember now that I had a sample of shaving soap in the Refined scent. That really was a nice scent, now that I think about it.

Man, that seems like forever ago.

I asked Czech & Speake about this and i got this reply:

"Thank you for your email and your interest in Czech & Speake.
The soaps that we are currently selling are made by Valobra. The factory completed very large orders for us in their final months of production.
Next year, when stocks run low, we will be sourcing a new manufacturer.
Kind regards,
Christopher"

I also emailed Gifts & Care asking when they were going to restock on Valobra products and they said they were unable to get in contact with them.

I wonder who they will choose to produce their new soaps, i sure hope its not Soap Works. After i received that email i ordered 10 pucks each of Oxford & Cambridge, No.88 and Valobra Unscented.

Thanks for your research and follow-up. Man that's disappointing for sure. Thankfully I still have a 1/2 dozen AOS Sandalwoods, several Valobras, and a lightly used C&S No. 88. Only sorry I never got to try Oxford and Cambridge.

Not meaning to derail this thread but gentleman which of the two Czech & Speake shave soaps you think are stronger in scent? I have been meaning to try the Czech & Speake for a while but undecided between the two. I do prefer stronger scented soap. The news about Valobra making last batch for Czech & Speake had me on the edge, when time comes the new soap maker might not up to snuff for Czech & Speake or end users.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Not meaning to derail this thread but gentleman which of the two Czech & Speake shave soaps you think are stronger in scent? I have been meaning to try the Czech & Speake for a while but undecided between the two. I do prefer stronger scented soap. The news about Valobra making last batch for Czech & Speake had me on the edge, when time comes the new soap maker might not up to snuff for Czech & Speake or end users.

+1 for Rudy. That said, I'm not a huge fan of the 88 scent. I'll take O&C over 88 any day.

Top Bottom