What's new

Oddball: Red Cross - Cinch Safety Razor Co.

Hi folks!

I received this odd little guy today. This is the Red Cross from the Cinch Safety Razor Co., made in Detriot, Michigan.

IMG_2341.jpg
IMG_2342.jpg
IMG_2343.jpg
IMG_2344.jpg
IMG_2345.jpg
IMG_2346.jpg

Pushing on this tab...

IMG_2347.jpg

...lifts this bar from inside the handle.

IMG_2348.jpg

Once the middle bar is lifted, you squeeze the handle like a pair of tweezers to release the baseplate and top cap. Shown are the tops of the base and cap.

IMG_2349.jpg

Here are the bottoms of the base and cap.

IMG_2350.jpg

I couldn't find anything here about this razor, so I wanted to share. Thanks for stopping by!

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
She is a beast Todd. If you happen to sum up the courage to have a shave with it please keep us informed of your findings.

I’ll need to either use the NOS blade, or modify a modern one. Wasn’t expecting that. We’ll see!
It’s been over a year and I’m still waiting. How does it shave? What kind of blade does it take. I’m looking at one and can’t decide whether to go for it or pass.

It’s been over a year and I’m still waiting. How does it shave? What kind of blade does it take. I’m looking at one and can’t decide whether to go for it or pass.

It takes a proprietary blade. I think a modern DE can be modified for it, but I haven’t tried it yet.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Todd will get there. Sometimes these things take time. I can wait a little longer.

Top Bottom