What's new

Odd Slim Twist Found In The Wild

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Found this at a new resale thrift store. A Slim Twist in unused or very low mileage condition. What us odd about this is there is no Patent info on the tray. Also missing is the diamond logo, date code or made in England on the bottom. Only has "Gillette" spelled out on the bottom. The @mr-razor razor bible tells me it is a 1964 or there about.
http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/One-Piece solid guard bar/1964 Slim Twist Gift Set.jpg
This is the first modern Gillette I found that does not date code or info on the bottom. A nice wild find to start the month.

IMG_1922.JPG
IMG_1923.JPG
IMG_1925.JPG
IMG_1924.JPG

Interesting. No telling why it lacks such normally found markings. Gillette did some off-theme production practices based on other model lines though, and there never has been any solid info as to why.

Found this at a new resale thrift store. A Slim Twist in unused or very low mileage condition. What us odd about this is there is no Patent info on the tray. Also missing is the diamond logo, date code or made in England on the bottom. Only has "Gillette" spelled out on the bottom. The @mr-razor razor bible tells me it is a 1964 or there about.
http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/One-Piece solid guard bar/1964 Slim Twist Gift Set.jpg
This is the first modern Gillette I found that does not date code or info on the bottom. A nice wild find to start the month.

View attachment 864649 View attachment 864650 View attachment 864651 View attachment 864652
I don’t think any of the English Gillette’s have date codes. Is there a very small “R”, or “s”? There’s another symbol that shows up, but I can’t remember what it is at the moment. My guess is it’s English.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Interesting. No telling why it lacks such normally found markings. Gillette did some off-theme production practices based on other model lines though, and there never has been any solid info as to why.
I don’t think any of the English Gillette’s have date codes. Is there a very small “R”, or “s”? There’s another symbol that shows up, but I can’t remember what it is at the moment. My guess is it’s English.

No other letters or Stamping on the bottom. Searched with a loupe in case it was a lite stamp. I just noticed that the base plate is flat and not stamped with a the triangle. My picture to be left and Mr-Razor to the right. Can this be a Proto type for a elaborate counterfeit??? Off to the dirt mall to look for more

IMG_1924.JPG
IMG_1927.jpg

No other letters or Stamping on the bottom. Searched with a loupe in case it was a lite stamp. I just noticed that the base plate is flat and not stamped with a the triangle. My picture to be left and Mr-Razor to the right. Can this be a Proto type for a elaborate counterfeit??? Off to the dirt mall to look for more

View attachment 864668 View attachment 864669
Here’s a quick pic of mine. Wasn’t sure I still had it. I think it’s a Knack.
D7086151-2BB0-435B-B71F-7581976D63C3.jpeg

R

romsitsa

Hello,

Your twist has the square base plate, these never had the patent stamped, only the diamond patterned bases were stamped with it.

Square based Slim twists can carry the following combination of markings:
nothing
Gillette
Gillette, Made in...
Gillette, Made in..., date code

Nice clean set.

Adam

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Thank you gentleman for the kind words. I have not found a Made in England razor out in the wild on this side of the pond in a few years

Hello,
Your twist has the square base plate, these never had the patent stamped, only the diamond patterned bases were stamped with it.
Square based Slim twists can carry the following combination of markings:
nothing
Gillette
Gillette, Made in...
Gillette, Made in..., date code
Nice clean set.
Adam
the later Slim Twist have the square bottom:

proxy.php

And thanks for the additional info on the Slim Twist

I had one of the same type but with a blue plastic handle. Customized mine and put a stag horn handle on it. Just a conversation piece now, but it is super cool! I believe those are British Gillette handles.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
English Slim Twist thread bump! Good info here.

Just scored one. Made to last, these English Gillettes.

AA

Top Bottom