What's new

October Photo Contest...Changing of Color

Theme: Changing of Color

Rules:
  • Entries are shot this year.
  • Post-processing is allowed.
  • When post-processing is used please elaborate a bit on what you did.

Conditions:
  • Winner of the October challenge picks a new theme and starts a new thread.
  • You must be the photographer.
  • If you shoot foliage, the shot can be a the entire plant/tree or a single leaf.
  • But this is not limited to just foliage, open the mind to the possibilities.....
  • One entry per month.
  • Competition runs until the 19th of the month.
  • Voting runs from the 20th - 26th of the month.
  • The person with the most votes is the winner.
Since it is Fall, and a glorious time of the year, get out and take some shots of the colors.

You folks on the east coast, really have an advantage in this...so really make it count!!!!!

Great theme! Not much happening here yet but in a week or two we’ll take a ride to the Blue Ridge to see what we can see.

We have had 111 views and no photos yet, so let's get this started....
We were taking a walk, and I saw this one yellow flower trapped in a spider web. The morning dew was still on the silk, so I got down close and snapped the shot. It turned out a lot better than I expected.

Post processing consisted of cropping.

Attachments

• as_Captured-Color.jpeg
    as_Captured-Color.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
We were taking a walk, and I saw this one yellow flower trapped in a spider web. The morning dew was still on the silk, so I got down close and snapped the shot. It turned out a lot better than I expected.

Great start! Good eye you have for catching that.

there are no color changes in Florida

Cool thread. I am heading to our cottage today and it is in the middle of the woods a few hours east of Toronto. The changing leaves are beautiful and I am hoping I can get a few great shots. 👍

Most deciduous plants need a gradual temperature change to change into vibrant colors. I'm hoping for enough change to get a Japanese Maple in nice color, but currently green.

Makes me sad. We had planned a trip to Niagara Falls, then across the ginger lakes region into Maine then back home stopping at the Ark and at the Flight 93 memorial. We would be there now had it not been for COVID.
Yup, it sucks. My cottage is 3 miles from the US border and we used to cross every few weeks to grocery shop, pick up packages, etc.

I miss my hot rolls and cinnamon butter from Texas Roadhouse too!

Remember, the change of color theme does not mean only the color change of trees. Open the possibilities.
What other colors happen in October (think pumpkins that are everywhere), harvests that are happening, etc.

Top Bottom