What's new

October Photo Contest...Changing of Color

A Thanksgiving theme. Photos of turkeys, food, cornucopia, pilgrims, etc. anything directly related to Thanksgiving. I know it’s weak, but it’s the first thing that comes to mind.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I suggest a theme of repeating patterns. Many large intricate spider webs in my area at this time of year and it made me think of patterns. Could be anything that’s repeating and opens things up to interpretation.

Great suggestions... Try these links to jumpstart your thoughts...

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
My friend in Boston took this photo yesterday. Hard to believe it but that's right in the Dorchester section of the city.
cedar grave.jpg

Theme: Contrast

Rules:
  • Entries are shot this year.
  • Post-processing is allowed.
  • When post-processing is used please elaborate a bit on what you did.

Conditions:
  • Winner of the November challenge picks a new theme and starts a new thread.
  • You must be the photographer.
  • If you shoot foliage, the shot can be a the entire plant/tree or a single leaf.
  • But this is not limited to just foliage, open the mind to the possibilities.....
  • One entry per month.
  • Competition runs until the 19th of the month.
  • Voting runs from the 20th - 26th of the month.
  • The person with the most votes is the winner.
Bob L. inspired me to come up with something for myself. Let's open it up a little and go with "Contrast." This could be in a classic photography sense, like a bright reflection off a dark surface, or something like a tall person and a vertically challenged one. Dogs and cats, well, you get the picture!

20180922_195045.jpg

Theme: Contrast

Rules:
  • Entries are shot this year.
  • Post-processing is allowed.
  • When post-processing is used please elaborate a bit on what you did.

Conditions:
  • Winner of the November challenge picks a new theme and starts a new thread.
  • You must be the photographer.
  • If you shoot foliage, the shot can be a the entire plant/tree or a single leaf.
  • But this is not limited to just foliage, open the mind to the possibilities.....
  • One entry per month.
  • Competition runs until the 19th of the month.
  • Voting runs from the 20th - 26th of the month.
  • The person with the most votes is the winner.
Bob L. inspired me to come up with something for myself. Let's open it up a little and go with "Contrast." This could be in a classic photography sense, like a bright reflection off a dark surface, or something like a tall person and a vertically challenged one. Dogs and cats, well, you get the picture!

View attachment 1175808
Sounds like a good theme!

The smaller guy in the picture looks regular sized if you don't see the big guy!

Top Bottom