Cold splash
Proraso Green
Tallow Tabac
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
KCG face wash
Chanel Allure (Balm)

Notes to today’s shave:

I have said it before - I have a love/hate relationship with my Tiger blades. The Tiger roared today and maybe was not a right match with the R41. The R41 on the other hand took no prisoners and the combination of the two lead to a rough shave. It got the job done and I was fit to go to work, but I definitely have another definition of pleasant shaves in my shave dictionary.

Tabac performed wonderfully and is an excellent addition to my soap rotation. I was in and out of Tabactober but it has been a fun ride. So thank you @JAHE for your perseverance on getting me to use this soap. The scent is still not my most favorite one, but the lather quality and shaving support I get from Tabac are almost second to none. So happy again to have experienced this.

Final shave of OCtober 2022!
Thank you @timetofly for hosting the event! It's been fun!

View attachment 1549126

For today's shave I decided to give the ATT classic H2 a spin. She provided a close DFS+ shave, two passes wtg/atg. Overall, a dramafree and solid shave - but I tend to get an even closer if the H2 is loaded with a Feather or PermaSharp blade... 🪓

Have some great shaves,y'all!
No. Thank all you gents for posting.
Some really nice looking OC's were posted.

Thanks @timetofly for the event! I fizzled out after the 26th as a fellow GRUMER @Roedeer and I embarked on the Game EX Changer! I swapped to using the RR Game Changer .84SB and he switched to using the RR GC .68 OC. So I guess it was a null change, lol. You lost me but gained Roedeer!

I will be back next year!
Beauty of B&B events, no one is obligated to participate. Thanks for posting, my friend!

Apparently never posted Friday's shave, so....

Oct 28th: (Friday)
Timeless 95 OC-SS/Crystal Super+(8th)
Soap Commander Endurance/30mm Tuxedo
Mentholated Witch Hazel (Scented OS Oil)
Old Spice Splash (Homebrew)
Soap Commander Endurance Balm
Old Spice Cologne/EDT

Just a smooth BBS, with a little bit of work, the blade was basically done.

Decided to finish off OCtober strong, but pulling out the R41...Clone

Oct 31st: (Today)
R41 Clone/Pol-Silver(New)
Dove Men +Care Pre-Shave
Stirling Green/30mm Tuxedo
Stirling Green Splash
Stirling Green Balm
Polo Green Cologne/EDT

Now that's a close shave, pretty much BBS in one pass, but did a second just to be sure nothing was missed. I'm still glass smooth at 1:30 in the afternoon. - Best of all, I don't look like a vampire victim, with not a single nick, cut, or weeper.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip il Grosso
Blade: New Lord Platinum (4)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Soap: Squadron Dutch Resistance
Aftershave: Reuzel (Splash)
034_01_17.jpg

This is my last shave for OCtober. It's been real fun. I'll be continuing on with this lineup. If it's not broken don't fix it. I'm intrigued and love my Fatip il Grosso. I don't want to use anything else. It's the best razor in the universe. It fits pretty well with all the other best stuff in the universe that I'm using right now. I should totally be trusted, if not for anything else, for my balanced impartiality. :001_smile

I'm not sure what I can use for an excuse, but I didn't post for 30 of the 31 days of OCtober, but true to the spirit of Open Comb October, I shaved the entire month with the three OC razors pictured below, from left to right, a Merkur 11, Gillette Sheraton, and Muhle R41. I used the same blade, a King E Gillette, for not only this month, but for over a week in August when the Merkur 11 was my travel razor. Still shaving close, so I'm going to put it in whichever razor gets the nod November 1st.

Any good challenges?
B017E435-46E9-4896-84CF-F8C38EB023EA.jpeg

(Final) OCtober 2022 SOTD
1939-RFB-Pu_2022-10-31.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Silvertip D01 16/47
Soap: Canada
Razor: 1939 Gillette NEW RFB GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (8)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A superb shave. :biggrin:
The Ninja feels like it's getting sharper (over the last two shaves). :sorcerer:
A big THANK YOU to @timetofly for hosting this year's OCtober! It's been fun. :punk:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

(Final) OCtober 2022 SOTD
1939-RFB-Pu_2022-10-31.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Silvertip D01 16/47
Soap: Canada
Razor: 1939 Gillette NEW RFB GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (8)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A superb shave. :biggrin:
The Ninja feels like it's getting sharper (over the last two shaves). :sorcerer:
A big THANK YOU to @timetofly for hosting this year's OCtober! It's been fun. :punk:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
Cal. Thank you and the rest of the fine gents for posting and supporting OCtober!

Gillette Milady fang RFB
Rapira swedish (3)

For the last shave of OCtober I had(really wanted) to use the fanged RFB since it kindxa fits in with the theme. Plus this razor is smooth like a LC with the similar combs but shalves closer than a LC for me. Thanks to all who posted or lurked. As much as I liked just doing the OCs I have a few non OCs queued up. Happy Halloween 🎃

20221031_171818.jpg

Oct 28
Razor: Ikon B1 OC Deluxe
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: RazoRock Beehive XL Plissoft
Soap: Arko

Oct 30
Blade: 7 O'clock Sharp Edge
Soap: Sterling Glastonbury

Oct 31 Halloween!
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap: B&M Death

Sorry for the late posts. The last few days are a blur. For the Halloween shave I pulled out the Skull mug, black brush and the black B1 deluxe with a black MR11 handle. I tried to take pics but with all the black they just didn't show any detail so you will have to use your imagination. The B&M Death has a light nutmeg scent and worked very well but my skin did not like it. While on my face, I could feel a mild burn. First and last time for this soap. Too bad, it had a nice scent, slick and great cushion.

The big surprise of the month was the Ikon B1 OC Deluxe. Great smoot shaves. Today's shave was excellent. 12 hours later and I have a DFS. I am calling it a BBS this morning for sure. Great razor.

Enjoyed the month. I didn't get to all my OCs but there is always next year! Happy Halloween and Happy Shaves!

Oct 28
Soap: Arko

Oct 30
Blade: 7 O'clock Sharp Edge
Soap: Sterling Glastonbury

Oct 31 Halloween!
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap: B&M Death

Sorry for the late posts. The last few days are a blur. For the Halloween shave I pulled out the Skull mug, black brush and the black B1 deluxe with a black MR11 handle. I tried to take pics but with all the black they just didn't show any detail so you will have to use your imagination. The B&M Death has a light nutmeg scent and worked very well but my skin did not like it. While on my face, I could feel a mild burn. First and last time for this soap. Too bad, it had a nice scent, slick and great cushion.

The big surprise of the month was the Ikon B1 OC Deluxe. Great smoot shaves. Today's shave was excellent. 12 hours later and I have a DFS. I am calling it a BBS this morning for sure. Great razor.

Enjoyed the month. I didn't get to all my OCs but there is always next year! Happy Halloween and Happy Shaves!
Put that death soap up for sale tomorrow. I kind of want it

My stats for this month:
Gillette NEW Short Comb; Nacet (8)
Fatip Piccolo; Nacet (9)
Gillette 1906 Single Ring; Nacet (6)
Gillette NEW Long Comb; Nacet (5)

Looks like I skipped three days. For me every day could be an open comb day. Such good and efficient razors! I love how they never clog. ( I do love my Super Speeds too )

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Happy Halloween!
OCtober
Mentholated Micromatic Monday

Tonight’s luxury shave
MMOC
Personna GEM PTFE (2)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower and drop of dimethicone oil
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky

Last day of OCtober and a Monday. Settled!

Got a bottle of dimethicone oil today and smeared a drop in my whiskers. Fairly good results.

Thank you, @timetofly !

Top Bottom