What's new

October 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in!
IMG_20221030_135224.jpg

The @Roedeer - Balin Game EX Changer shave 4! It was probably less than 18 hours after my last shave and the GC .84 performed well! Comfortable and not much alum feed back! I will be keeping this plate and may BST my .68 SB!

Last edited:
October 26, 2022 GRUME

Razor: RR GC 68 OC
Blade: Personna MedPrep (2)
Soap: RR XXX
Brush: Omega Professional Boar
AS: Proraso Protective ASB

Very nice 2-pass shave. @Roedeer and @Balin: I have been running the GC 68 OC over the last few shaves. I don't have the 84 SB, but run the 68 SB as my "co Number 1" set up. When I want a bit more gap, I use the Charcoal Goods razor. Anyway, I do believe the 68 OC is more efficient/aggressive as RR states. Ultimately, I just enjoy the face-feel of the SB much more. Just my thoughts.
Hey Dodger59, If you ever want to try the .84 SB I can loan it to you! That way we can still stay in GRUME!

linty1

My wallet cries.
A46BF4F0-DDAE-4012-B42F-B5A9335733F9.jpeg

Still in my 30/31,

Probably my last shave for this month of Grume, tomorrow will be a busy day, with the kid and Halloween and all that. Been using this razor for a long while now and you know what? I'm ok with that. Its a great razor (Colonial general).

Hope everyone's doing well.

I think you should still be in, there should be an exception clause for cases like this. Mike’s products are so very hit and miss, so restock days are usually a mismatch for desired purchases. (I had a discussion with @FoolishMortal about this in June and he seemed to be sympathetic.) I watched for two weeks while I was out in September, and all Mike’s had was two (to me) undesirable choices. I finally gave up ordered them at the end of the month. And then within two days, you guessed it, my favorites were back in stock. I don’t blame Mike, he runs a small business and is apparently a one man operation or very low staffed. And who knows, maybe the Lime and Honeysuckle soaps I purchased will turn out to be very good!
No I'm out as I have plenty of soap, I just wanted some Mike's for the reason I stated. I have no issue with the way Mike puts out his soaps, I just will buy them when I can get them. I haven't tried the Honeysuckle but the Lime is great!

30/31 GRUMER, day 30
Tobactober
Synthetic Sundays

PXL_20221030_141937584.jpg

Edwin Jagger 89
Feather Platinum (9)
Omega EVO 2.0
Tallow-Tabac

Hey Guys
Good shave today. Yesterday I used the Feather AS-D2 and had only an Okay shave. Today the EJ 89 glided smoothly to an enjoyable DFS finish. I guess the AS-D2 razor is going back in the drawer for a while. I still give the $20.00 Feather "Popular" 5 stars.

@Balin has started a 'Synthetic Sundays' thread so I get to post there today.

Still in........ Almost tempted to enter a bid on the bay for a Gillette Goodwill, but resisted. It was sold for 30 euro's :ohmy:.

Gillette Old type
Wizamet super irridium (1)
Muhe rytmo badger brush
Tabac Tallow soap in a jar
Tabac AS
Nivea sensitive ASB
Tabac Craftsman EDT

No I'm out as I have plenty of soap, I just wanted some Mike's for the reason I stated. I have no issue with the way Mike puts out his soaps, I just will buy them when I can get them. I haven't tried the Honeysuckle but the Lime is great!”

29 or 30/31 isn’t bad! And that’s good news on the lime! If he weren’t out of my favorite I’d never learn how good the others are. Mike had a warning about the honeysuckle having a strong odor. I think I can handle it.

Day 30, 96.8% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.68 OC, Al Handle, KCG #7
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Fifth shave with the open comb .68, in the Roedeer - @Balin Game EX-changer. Overall, got a DFS+ result. So far so good, on avoiding irritation. The KCG blade is still holding up, too.

Hey Dodger59, If you ever want to try the .84 SB I can loan it to you! That way we can still stay in GRUME!

Well said, Balin!

@Dodger59, single-shimming your .68P will give you a test-drive of a SB with larger gap, somewhere in-between .68 and .84mm.

Still in

I can't believe that it's the last day of October already. I finished the month with the last Tabac shave for a while and everything was smooth as usual.
It feels good to succesfully finish another GRUME. I'm not going to be in November's restraint, as I will be buying gifts next month, and most likely will use black friday deals to buy something for me as well 😁
Thanks for this month, it was fun. See you guys in December and stay strong.

And of course happy Halloween 🎃🎃🎃

Today's shave
Yaqi black marble synth | Henson++ | Wilkinson Sword | Saponificio Varesino bowl | Tabac | Pan Drwal Absinth
2022-10-31 12.32.11.jpg

October GRUME (30/31 days)---96.8% completed
Tobactober
Muhle Mondays

PXL_20221031_133627978.jpg

Muhle Birch Bark Rocca
Muhle Olive Wood XL brush
Feather Platinum (10)
Tallow-Tabac

Hey Guys
It has been a GREAT month participating in GRUME and Tabactober. It has been fun, entertaining and a good learning experience. I didn't get an A+ in GRUME but I'll settle for a 96.8% grade average. Thats a lot better than I did in school!

I will miss posting in Tallow-Tabac-Tuesday because I am doing a "No Shave Day" to honor cancer awareness month.

Today is the first day to have the Muhle razor and brush paired together. They are both beauties and perform excellent.

One final note, I am retiring the Tobactober avatar until next year and you can once again see my traditional 'hansom', debonaire, sophisticated and suave portrait. As Brandon a.k.a @FoolishMortal would say "Onward!" in November.

Top Bottom