What's new

October 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

That's an interesting comment, Balin.

The GC OC68 that you like, at least according to the Italian Barber chart, is only a shadow milder than the GC.84P safety bar that's currently my favourite.

Since we both have all the relevant kit, would you like to try a "tread in the other man's shoes" experiment for a week?

There's no contest here, just a learning experience.

PS, if you are up for that. obviously use your preferred everything else.:)
Why not make it the “ @Roedeer vs @Balin - Game Changer Challenge” or Game Changer Week.

Edit: or better yet : the “ @Roedeer & @Balin ‘s - Game EXChanger”

I don’t have one unfortunately but I would join if I had!

Looking forward to your experiences!

Guido

Still in - headshave
1500CA96-DEBA-4170-A67B-BB493AA8547D.jpeg

October 26, 2022 GRUME

Razor: RR GC 68 OC
Blade: Personna MedPrep (2)
Soap: RR XXX
Brush: Omega Professional Boar
AS: Proraso Protective ASB

Very nice 2-pass shave. @Roedeer and @Balin: I have been running the GC 68 OC over the last few shaves. I don't have the 84 SB, but run the 68 SB as my "co Number 1" set up. When I want a bit more gap, I use the Charcoal Goods razor. Anyway, I do believe the 68 OC is more efficient/aggressive as RR states. Ultimately, I just enjoy the face-feel of the SB much more. Just my thoughts.

Still in!

This is the first time this month that I've shaved two days in a row. Woke up way too early and decided to get the morning going instead of trying to get back to sleep.

Gillette old type/Shark Super Chrome (3)
Tabac
Grand Bay Bay Rum
Whipped Dog 30mm High Mountain White

20221026_065237.jpg

That's an interesting comment, Balin.

The GC OC68 that you like, at least according to the Italian Barber chart, is only a shadow milder than the GC.84P safety bar that's currently my favourite.

Since we both have all the relevant kit, would you like to try a "tread in the other man's shoes" experiment for a week?

There's no contest here, just a learning experience.

PS, if you are up for that. obviously use your preferred everything else.:)
I am in! I will use my .84P next week!

30/31 GRUMER, Day 26
Tobactober

"Double Brush Day"

PXL_20221026_140156429.jpg

Schick Korona
Feather Platinum (5)
Omega EVO 2.0
Muhle X-Large Olive STF
Tallow-Tabac

Hey Guys
I used a little extra soap today but I was curious to use both of these brushes at the same time to see how they compare.
Spoiler Alert: There is no winner or loser. There are only very very slight differences.
The Muhle handle is a little bit lighter in weight. The Omega head is a bit more dense because it is more fan shaped. The Muhle doesn't have as much backbone because of the higher loft---but that is a plus in my opinion for a bulb shape knot. They are equally soft. If I was blindfolded and someone else applied the lather, I MIGHT say they were using the same brush---not really because they do feel different but both in a positive manner. There is a redundancy with modern synthetic brushes. They have more in common than differences...they are all very soft which is a good thing for my sensitive skin.

There was a winner! Me! The extra time I spent applying lather back and forth with both brushes gave me an incredibly slick and smooth shave---it was pure pleasure how the Korona glided across my skin. I am going to spend more time lathering, layer on top of layer because I think that improves slickness and adhesion to the skin and stubble.

Still in

I continue with synthetics and with bowl lathering, and again a perfect lather. Today I used Muhle Kosmo STF and the results were exactly the same as with Yaqi brush, but it felt nicer on the face. Only two passes today, but I was close to BBS. Absolutely no feedback from the alum. It was like touching my face with my fingers. Amazing shave, so I will continue with this setup 😁 I think I'm starting to enjoy bowl lathering. Tabac once again provided great protection and slickness, and Reuzel AS feels and smells amazing. So, even if it wasn't BBS, I would still rate this shave 10/10. Not every shave is this enjoyable 🙂

Muhle Kosmo STF | Henson AL13++ | Wilkinson Sword | Tabac | Reuzel
2022-10-26 15.35.54.jpg

Top Bottom