Razor: Parker OC
Blade: Personna (4)
Brush: Omega 10005
Soap: AOS Bergamot & Neroli
Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Blue
Aftershave: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter

2E1B8F2C-3AD8-4667-B73C-1CFC3C0AD4D8.jpeg

@Atlantic59 - how’s the LOI Titanium with the SLOC? How would it compare to a Bic Chrome Platinum in the same razor head if you’ve used such things?
So far, I've been favorably impressed by the LOI Titanium blades. They shave extremely smoothly in the razors I have tried them with, so they seem to be a very good match with the SLOC.

I've been trying so many different blades recently, it's hard to keep them all in mind for a comparison. I think the BIC Chromes may be slightly sharper, but the LOI Titaniums are in the ballpark. For longevity, I have not tried to push the LOIs past seven shaves, but they could have probably gone on a while longer.

The LOIs appear to be very similar, if not the exact same as the Sharp Titanium blades. They are great value blades at $9/100, practically unbeatable.

20210810_081512.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze OC .78
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Duke Cannon Supply Company Ice Cold Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Plisson-Joris Palladium Engraved
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (3)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Soap: MdC French Vetyver
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave (Splash)
039_21.jpg

:001_wub: Have I ever mentioned I really like my Plisson-Joris Palladium Engraved? :001_wub:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Thank you, @Atlantic59 ! Got the Bics for $10 last December and like them, but the LOI Titanium and Sharp Titanium look enticing. LOI is sold on the Durasharp website, so it being the same baby in a different diaper is highly plausible to me

So far, I've been favorably impressed by the LOI Titanium blades. They shave extremely smoothly in the razors I have tried them with, so they seem to be a very good match with the SLOC.

I've been trying so many different blades recently, it's hard to keep them all in mind for a comparison. I think the BIC Chromes may be slightly sharper, but the LOI Titaniums are in the ballpark. For longevity, I have not tried to push the LOIs past seven shaves, but they could have probably gone on a while longer.

The LOIs appear to be very similar, if not the exact same as the Sharp Titanium blades. They are great value blades at $9/100, practically unbeatable.
Totally underrated blade. This was the first blade that gave me a good shave in a Merkur 34c. I don't get as many shaves out of them as some more expensive blades, but you can't beat the price if you can get close to the number of shaves per blade.

OCtober 27th
PreshavePAA The Tube
BrushRudy Vey 26mm Jade Samurai Fan two band silvertip
BowlCC Copper
SoapFine Lavender Pour Homme
RazorKarve CB OC F plate
BladeWizamet Polsilver Stainless (27)
Post ShaveAlum followed by Witch Hazel
After ShaveFine Lavender Pour Homme
BalmAOS Lavender Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
FragVintage Caron Pour Un Homme EdT
RatingDFS+ 9.8 No blood, no irritation

I forgot it was Wednesday. Oh well, My Karve F plate OC arrived today so I gave it it's inaugural shave. Very nice. The Karve with the Unobtainium blade performed admirably. Very close DFS+. My neck has been getting smoother than ever before lately. Blade 2 is still trucking. I think I will get bored of it before it deteriorates. I haven't noticed any drop off in sharpness. I can see why these were popular blades. Fine Classic soap base is excellent. I was talking about them being the same soap base as tallow Tabac, and, a guy in the thread asked if they were really the same, saying he had heard there were doubts. First I have heard, but, I don't care enough to research it. It is a wonderful soap base. If it is not the same as Tabac it is just as epic, and, with better scents. I really like Lavender Pour Homme. It is a shame they did away with that scent. I stocked up. I wish I had tried it sooner. I am really liking the vintage frag. Caron Pour Un Homme pairs well with my lavender soaps and after shaves. I ordered the afters shave spray yesterday. I will use that with Cyril R. Salter and maybe Fine as well. I like the fine scent in the soap more than in the splash. Originally I wanted to get the C&S Oxford and Cambridge frag, but, I prefer the Caron scent.

OCtober Shave #7

Pre: Shower
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Tiger Platinum (2)
Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
Soap: Proraso Green
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Sample
Face Lather
A44B9D60-5CD3-432C-9B90-18536DE88CC4.jpeg

Really enjoying my OCtober shaves so, unable to find a vintage Gillette OC here in town, I’ve bought a Fatip Piccolo to give me a second option. Not a bad little shaver!
The boar brush is brand new too, and my first. Not as abrasive as I thought it would be, but boy, definitely a lather hog for now.

OCt 27 - and while I'm on the long comb topic...

I am particularly blessed to have custody of a New LC in gorgeous condition, courtesy of that exemplary gentleman, @Hannah's Dad .

Tuning: Col Conk Amber
SR overture: Henckels 68, inaugural honing/use today
Gillette symphony: Gillette new LC / Gillette Platinum (9)
In the front row: SOC boar / Murphy&McNeil Ouroboros
Finale: Captain's Choice Bay Rum
0F7A435C-3148-441F-88DE-198570FD2272.jpeg

66970D76-15DF-4561-8B7E-FA292C81733B.jpeg

Top Bottom