What's new

OCtober 2021

Dude, life's too short and your face is too pretty to risk a rough shave trying to stretch out a 20 cent blade. If its bad, chuck it and pop in a new one. Excellent call on the CO9T! I need a new bottle of that juice. Love it!
Ha, that's true, but I knew I didn't need too much from this shave. Didn't want to shave so close that the skin closed over the hairs, as I'd just be shaving again tomorrow (I usually go two days). Might try one of the blades that give me One Good Shave for the wedding: LOI Titanium, Crystal, maybe Voskhod. But always followed with the Cat O'9 Tails!

OCtober 21

Razor:
Leresche
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Soap: Razorock Blue Barbershop
Brush: Omega 49 boar

I felt like something on the mild side and went with the Leresche. I don't know the model - it's a 3 piece with little blade "feel". While it's a much different shave than my Fatip Open Comb Slant and my Gillette NEW long comb, the end result was about the same: DFS-.

2021-10-21 21.21.50.jpg

Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC2 Gold Single Edge Razor
Blade: Feather FHS10 single edge
Brush: Elite Razor Kingman Turquoise, Manchurian White fan
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20211021_083612.jpg

Real smooth & efficient shave today with excellent comfort. No doubt that the lather from the Ethos soap was a contributing factor in the overall shave quality. Still, the Copper Ascension is an amazing shaver that gives results.

Great shaves to all…

PAA Ascension Copper/Gillette Platinum-APShaveCo. 30mm Cashmere White/Goldflake-Ethos Grooming Vanilla Safi soap-Nivea Vanilla & Bourbon a/s splash- Mandarina Duck Black Extreme edp
CF07CA3F-6D85-4BD1-A06B-99559F856409.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Friday 22nd OCtober, a double helping of OC goodness.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Palmolive
Brush: Men-U boar
Razors: GC.68 OC, Wizamet SI #3, GC.84 OC, Astra SP #7
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Brut AS.

Since there was plenty of time, I used both of my open comb Game Changers. The efficient .84 took care of pass one and the easy bits of XTG, and I used the mild .68 for the rest.

Excellent result.

If I had to show up somewhere with a perfect shave and no cuts, then this would be the way to do it.

OCt 22.2

Second shave, bedtime shave

I spent about 6 hours today, adding a growth time component to all the little vectors on my beard map. General rule, coarser whiskers grow faster. Below the jawline faster than above. Nothing like a long tedious freeway drive for scientific research.

Linden stainless steel travel razor
Voskhod (1)
Barbasol Sensitive cream - supposed to be much like the original
Captain's Choice Land Ho!
42585381-6164-4436-B0BE-59EE27C0843E.jpeg

Yeah, it has sloppy tolerances, but once the blade is fiddled into alignment, it is held tight. And this whole kit fits into a RazoRock razor pouch. CCS shading to SAS. Good enough for a night's sleep.

I should just put a decent SS OC head in this kit.

20211021_102120-01-01.jpeg
SOTD #257/2021
23-10-2021

>> SOCTOBER / OCtober <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2-band finest badger butterscotch
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Pharaoh's Dreamsiecle
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Stainless Steel Open Comb
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap ~ Pharaoh's Dreamsiecle AS, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Aqua Creme.

2 passes, some touch-ups, and my face was silky smooth again. The combination of Blackbird and Polsilver Super Iridium proved to be very good, the blade slid easily through my whiskers and took no prisoners.

I chose a rather shallow angle, which resulted in me barely feeling the blade. Almost no feedback from Stirling's after shave, too. So nice.

Enjoy your weekend, y'all!

OCtober Sat 23 SOTD
Soap Ach Brito Mogno
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Parker 26C OC on a Yaqi Handle
Blade Derby Extra 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Clubman Gents Gin
Long ignored soap...what a mistake. This soap provides some excellent lather...creamy, very slick, and really pleasant scent...
The shave with this razor paired with the blade was just ok and the blade will be ditched. 3passes for a ccs result without any issues. The AS is my number 2 favorite among the 4 Clubmans I have... an awesome scent but just doesn't last as long.
20211023_171837.jpg

Top Bottom