Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: face rinse with shave binky
Pre-shave: refined shea butter
Lather: Stirling Naked and Smooth
Post-shave: alum block
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: hot shower
Post-shave: Stirling Glacial Unscented Post-shave Balm

@JoWolf , thank you for using the Bic blade and reporting on it. I’m sorry it didn’t work as well as a single use Feather.
It was a fun shave Thom. All of them are. I was both surprised and gratified that my technique and shave has advanced, so much in a year. My last year of Vito’s use has made me a better shaver.

This is pretty intense. If I tried to go right to ATG on a six-day beard I'd need a transfusion.
It would be no different for me. My present shave is very much the basic three pass shave. I did not go to a two pass until my three pass was technically correct and very comfortable. It is a continuing shave journey of reducing shave strokes. All basics learned and practiced in the basic shave are gradually improved upon. The problem some gents run into is thinking that they may start from the top down, they will eventually get there but with much difficulty. There are no short cuts. If your interested in the one pass, I have my progression recorded in my journal.

Auto Strop VB1 / modified GEM PTFE (4?) / Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber soap and AS / vintage Simpson Best Badger – 2 ½ pass DFS with the VB1. I get good shaves from all of my Auto Strops, but the heavier and better balanced VB1s (due no doubt to the roller assembly in the back causing the head to naturally pivot to your face) have an easy to find “flat to the face” angle that give consistent “autopilot” shaves every time. Besides, they’re just Steampunk Cool.
VB1 Ghost Town Barber.jpg

Oct 15th: OC Shave #12 of 12 for the month

Timeless 95 OC SS / Rapira Plat Lux (6th)
Dove +Men Pre-Shave
Stirling Electric Sheep / Omega 49
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Halston Z14 AS
Nivea Post-Shave Balm
Halston Z14 Cologne/EDT

Results: Glass smooth BBS in 3 Passes, treating myself to some pre-shave to further soften the whiskers after the morning shower.

20211014_085026.jpg

Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC1 Gold Single Edge Razor
Blade: Feather FHS10 single edge
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

OCt 15

Robeson ShurEdge for stubble reduction
AutoStrop Model C (VC1 as we call it)
vintage AutoStrop blade on shave 8
Semogue Owner's Club boar
Col Conk Lime soap for prep
Tabac tallow for shaving
Col Conk Lime AS
A01FAB25-5519-46C5-8AE3-A19051DD7F46.jpeg

The vintage blade was not quite up to DFS. CCS was no problem.

IMG_20211015_101858__01.jpg

SOC-OCtober 15th

Face wash with PAA Mentholated Cube in the shower
A&E Slick Stick
SOC Ash Wood Finest Badger
CC Copper Bowl
Gillette New Short Comb 4 passes
Wizamet Polsilver Stainless (20)
Wolfman WR2 1.15 clean up pass
Feather One and done.
A&E Which One's Pink soap and splash
Alum
A&E Post-shave Serum + Hyaluronic Acid

I did a four pass shave with the New Short Comb. WTG, XTG, XTG, ATG with a neutral angle. That part of the shave was good. Smooth. DFS. I should have stopped there. Did I? No, no I did not. That's not an OC story though.

What do I think of the New Short Comb? I'm just not comfortable with it yet. Going back to a steep angle tomorrow. I will shave with only the New. I don't need any more variables till I get to know it.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: 1907 Gillette Old Type Single Ring
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (5)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Cream: Squadron Dutch Resistance
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Reuzel (Splash)
033_23.jpg

The week with my 1907 Gillette Old Type Single Ring is done:

:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:
:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

:a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48:
:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Top Bottom