What's new

OCtober 2021

OCtober Thu 14 SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Chronos
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Willy's Premium 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + TGS Chronos Splash
Excellent soap qualities. Very nice scent, the lather was creamy and really slick...
My favorite vintage OC razor for sure! Paired with this blade...the shave was so smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without issues. Aftershaves were excellent too.
20211014_085640.jpg

Fourth shave, changed up the blade for this one. First time using a Nacet in my Tradere OC, and it wasn't great. I'll need to try a couple other Nacets before I call it, but if that one wasn't a QA fail, I may not be keeping this blade in my collection!

Razor: 1st gen Tradere OC
Blade: Nacet (1)
Brush: Wee Scot
Soap: Tabac

OCtober 14

A healthy portion of Captain’s Choice Land Ho! shaving cream whipped into a fine lather with my kitchen bowl and Paladin El Dorado.
Definitely a slight burning sensation, I may be developing a sensitivity to this cream. Will try again next week to see where we’re at.
I used a MMOC to remove all my whiskers wit did a fantastic job. Closed out the shave with som AV Ice Blue to smooth my slight irritation with the shaving cream.
A322CF40-7B43-462C-9D54-72D6588AD1D2.jpeg
BD237CE3-6C7E-4F82-B3D6-D5687D9AC0A6.jpeg
C477A53E-641C-4BE5-9113-CC29E7A63166.jpeg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-Series (5)
Ω10048 boar brush
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: face rinse with shave binky
Pre-shave: refined shea butter
Lather: Mostly Stirling Unscented with Beeswax
Post-shave: alum block
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: hot shower

OCtober Thu 14 SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Chronos
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Willy's Premium 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + TGS Chronos Splash
Excellent soap qualities. Very nice scent, the lather was creamy and really slick...
My favorite vintage OC razor for sure! Paired with this blade...the shave was so smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without issues. Aftershaves were excellent too.
View attachment 1345241
Nice ice cream swirl!

Razor: NEW SC
Blade: Personna Crystal (2)
Brush: Bristles from old broken boar brush
Soap: Em's Glycerin

I was ready to move on to another blade but didn't want to throw this one out and didn't want to put a used Wilkinson blade from another razor in for its fourth shave as I'm breaking in a new (NEW) razor. So I did the Crystal again, knowing that I've never gotten a good second shave from a Crystal in any razor. It was fine, but irritated me pretty well, especially the neck. Surprisingly, I hacked away until I got my mustache BBS and got no cuts. Next shave: new blade, new brush.

Gillette SC NEW Red & Black / vintage Gillette Thin (5) / Proraso Red / vintage Old Spice AS – vintage Badger/Bristle brush whipped up a typical creamy protective Proraso lather for a DFS result. Thinking New Gem Lather Catcher or Auto Strop VB1 tomorrow and giving the vintage Thin a 6th shot at success Monday with another Thin on deck in case it comes up short, but I have to admit I’m impressed at its longevity so far. IMHO, I think getting a good, comfortable shave from any blade (new or used) versus one day’s growth is a better judge of your technique and a blade’s performance than using it against longer beard growth.
86EEBC1C-868F-4DE7-A6F2-452DEAA6234B.jpeg

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Razor: Merkur 41C open comb
Brush: Vulfix Grosnover
Soap/AS: Stirling Varen

Good shave today. The Merkur 41C might be the mildest open comb out there. Not the closest shave, but very comfortable. I needed a break from the Senator. Yesterday I about tore my face off :shaving: so I didn't even bother posting the shave. More experimenting with the Senator later, but it is by far the most aggressive razor I've used in a long time. In fact, its giving me second thoughts about busting out my long dormant Fatip Grande for an OCtober run. We'll see.

Top Bottom