What's new

OCtober 2021

Hi,

If I use a particular OC daily and do nothing different, then I am not doing anything special for OCtober. I have done something special for OCtober in years past, but I just don't feel like messing about with changing razors every day this year. So, that makes me Not In. When I did change razors daily, there was a daily post to that fact. No point this year. I'm not even going to follow the thread daily.

Stan

Hi,

If I use a particular OC daily and do nothing different, then I am not doing anything special for OCtober. I have done something special for OCtober in years past, but I just don't feel like messing about with changing razors every day this year. So, that makes me Not In. When I did change razors daily, there was a daily post to that fact. No point this year. I'm not even going to follow the thread daily.

Stan

46BA50D2-9E81-486D-9544-E55D4686A938.gif

I dont own an OC because I fear they will be too rough a shave on my sensi-skin... But then again I have been eyeing a nice Gillette New Tech OC and even a fatip piccolo on ze interwebs for a while. Maybe this thread could be used as an excuse to acquire some extra tools... :redface-new:

Should I or should't I? I read on the webstore i usually order from that the fatip should be used with a 1 to 2 or maybe 3 bladesharpness. Is this correct? If it is true then it would give a purpose to my Derby extra's...

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Ok, I'm in. I'll use my Gillette Single Ring Thin Cap, my Gillette New Short Comb, my New Long Comb, and to round it out for the month my Old Type Thick cap on a Merkur 1904 handle (not in any particular order just one razor per week). That should round it out for the month. I'm not using any of my Fatips this time around, as I'm going through all of them in a particular order. I have to protect the integrity of this order. A Fatip hiatus for OCtober is allowed, and I've planned for it along with FFFMM in March.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I dont own an OC because I fear they will be too rough a shave on my sensi-skin... But then again I have been eyeing a nice Gillette New Tech OC and even a fatip piccolo on ze interwebs for a while. Maybe this thread could be used as an excuse to acquire some extra tools... :redface-new: Should I or should't I?
Your asking us if you should, lol? Yes, yes you must!
giphy 3.gif

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I read on the webstore i usually order from that the fatip should be used with a 1 to 2 or maybe 3 bladesharpness. Is this correct? If it is true then it would give a purpose to my Derby extra's...
Derbys work well in a Fatip. I quite enjoyed them. I haven't found a blade that doesn't work in them, except the evil Voskhods. It's a blade friendly smooth razor.

Top Bottom