Razor: Fatip Mixed Metal Lo Storto Originale
Blade: German Bolzano (3)
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD Synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R. Salter Solid Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
20211029_143546~2.jpg

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

A good solid shave from the Karve with the Feather. Unfortunately, this 3rd shave with the Feather will be it’s last as it was starting to feel a bit tuggy on the last pass. Dems da breaks. The RR soap Tuscan Oud may not be on everyone’s list as a top performer but, it’s a solid soap with a really nice scent. Ditto on the splash.

Great shaves to all….

Karve Copper F/Feather-Zenith 27mm Badger-RR Tuscan Oud Soap & splash

A9D606AB-DE7A-4C36-AAD3-E769D026C473.jpeg

Friday 29th OCtober

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Vulfix Simpson Small Synthetic
Razor: GC.68 OC, Astra SP #3
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Loaded the soap heavily this time, and then did the foolproof gradual hydration thing.

I'm impressed with this synthetic brush — no bristle loss so far ✓, and it feels good ✓.

Took my time, did all the passes, and got a very comfortable near-BBS, so I might have been getting some boar-related irritation.

Whatever else you're testing out, the OC Game Changer is a reliable performer.

Last edited:
SOTD211030.jpg
Bedford BOB Safety Razor (1912) / Modified Gem
That Darn Rob
Palmolive Shave Stick

I put the original blade back in the razor for the photo and the modified Personna Gem in the foreground. Although I ensured that the width of the modified blade was spot on to the original, I found it to be a very mild shaver.

I'll use this blade a couple of times but the next blade that I modify will be 0.5mm wider, which should give it some more exposure.

I started with it in straight mode, and then switched to this "hoe" mode and found that more instinctive.

OCtober Sat 30 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor RazoRock SLOC
Blade SuperShaver X New & 1st use
Aftershave TGS Sea Citrus
Excellent lather from this soap. Rich, creamy and very slick...pleasant scent too!
A good razor and a good blade too. Very smooth and comfortable but perhaps not as efficient combo...hmmm. 3passes without issues for a dfs result. Aftershave was great...
20211030_073212.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I used the design for an old type base plate recently posted by @RDM.
I have also been using the 3D printed OLD Type baseplate designed by @RDM. I used a post-war late-40's oval slot Tech top cap. Charcoal Goods Brass Bishop handle. Astra blade. Great shave! Still way too much blade feel for me. But I like the level of efficiency with this setup. I am very excited to see how this evolves.

2021-10-30 10.26.48.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, OCtober 30th 2021

Razor: Gillette old type + tech fat handle- Mfg 1920's, great open comb, this razor has thousands of shaves shown by the nickel wear, previous owner enjoyed this razor a lot like myself. Keeper to remind me to be humble and grateful.
Blade: Gillette Astra Superior stainless, Sharp & smooth. Excellent blade.
Soap: Razorock blue barber, mild scent with excellent lather qualities(misted).
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm syn, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with my Gillette old type +Astra SS blade.
SOTD, Oct 30, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

My last shave of OCtober.

Proraso blue pre-shave
Proraso Red Cream
RR GC 84 JAWS (going out full bore)
Astra (2)
Proraso Single line Wood & Spice Aftershave

and my last comment: we all have OCD. The true meaning of the letters. Not obsessive compulsive disorder (that is properly called CDO anyway - all the letters should be in alphabetical order!) No, I'm talking about Open Comb Disorder. But as we all know, OCD doesn't end with the end of OCtober. Keep on OCDing!

Top Bottom