What's new

October 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

linty1

My wallet cries.
Still in,

no shave today, waiting patiently for the end of the month.

3 things I will be actioning on when the month passes, so looking forward to that.

Hope everyone has a great day, I can't wait for the weekend/trick of treating, my little one can sorta walk (needs a hand) and I am looking forward to hitting 2-3 houses for candy.

Still in

IMG-3601.jpg

Razor: R41/SLOC
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (2)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap & Aftershave: RR American Barber

The November thread is up.

@FoolishMortal happy belated birthday. If you are too tied up with work for the foreseeable future and don’t have time during this GRUME or November, let us know and we can help you out until things slow down for you. We’ll try not to burn this place down 😉

Still in and signed up for November. Have been having fantastic shaves so that’s helping with any urges that may arise.

Razor: Timeless .95 Titanium Scalloped
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Graydog Chechen / AP Shave Co. 26mm G5A (Bulb)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper (Heavyweight)
Uber Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Tobacco Leaf with Talbot Trust
Aftershave: Taylor of Old Bond Street Tobacco Leaf Splash

7C6DE1FB-6A58-4B9D-89E2-D62DB14CE9BE.jpeg

Still in.
I looked at the Simpsons site which does have new stock, but i'm happily resisting, I have way too many brushes.

SOTD:
Thiers Issard 6/8
Simpsons Chubby 3
SV Tundra Artica Soap & AS

I've given up on the Tundra Artica soap today. While the aftershave is OK, the Oud scent in the soap tends to linger in brushes and to my nose at least, releases a smell a bit like new-badger-brush funk.

Well …… one of the purchases I made last month while I was on the “outside” was the Tallow + Steel Cognac set shown below. Sadly, I just don’t care for the scent. The performance, of course, is spectacular ……. But the scent is just not for me.

So ….. I’m open for a trade. If you’ve got something you don’t love ….. or just have too much surplus ……. And feel like trying out T+S Cognac …… send me an offer!

Here’s the description of the scent from the T+S website ….. and a picture of my set ———-

Cognac is our homage to the great spirit that takes its name from the region. We’ve crafted an experience resembling a finely aged Cognac: white wine twice distilled in a Charentais copper still and undisturbed for years maturing in oak casks. Cognac essential oil’s crisp green grape aroma is enriched by woody caramel notes from European Oakwood absolute: an aromatic extraction from the same wood in which the spirit ages. A fleck of smokiness roused from tobacco leaves, with cocoa, jasmine and vanilla mingling in the bouquet to help achieve the complexity only obtained through years of maturation.

0CA1329A-86C3-4013-AC3B-3328B2BBB449.jpeg

@FoolishMortal happy belated birthday. If you are too tied up with work for the foreseeable future and don’t have time during this GRUME or November, let us know and we can help you out until things slow down for you. We’ll try not to burn this place down 😉
Thanks, on both counts. :)

If I feel like (or know) that I'm going to be unavailable for some time, I'll reach out to a select few to help hold the fort. Cheers! :a17:

Still in. Will probably not GRUME in Nov, but may be back in December. It's been a healthy restraint and good company.

Pre-shave: Stirling Unscented Facial Soap
Brush: Stirling B&W 2 band synthetic
Razor: Schick Type M3
Blade: Chinese Schick (4)
Lather: B&M Hallows
Aftershave: Cold water + alum, hyaluronic acid, Stirling Unscented aftershave w/menthol, B&M Hallows balm

Top Bottom