What's new

October 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still out for a single razor
I've decided Wizamet blades are not for me so if anyone is interested I have a lot to trade.
20211024_133848.jpg

Still in and reasonably content!

4 Day Dwell (Sunday morning shave)
RR XXX Soap
Omega Professional
Merkur 34C
Wilkinson Sword (3)
Alum
Lucky Tiger

Took 3 passes and some touch up, but the razor/blade combo worked just fine on 4 days growth. No nicks or weepers, but did manage to cut my finger slightly when cleaning afterwards.

Peace.

Last edited:
Still in
Todays shave
Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Razor: Merkur Mergress (1.5)
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Omega S-Brush
Soap: MWF
Post-Shave: Alum Block
Nivea 2-Phase AS lotion
Nivea Protect & Care ASB
Trumper Astor Cologne

Another fantastic shave with the efficient Mergress. BBS with no nicks at all. The two Nivea post shave products worked well with my skin too.
Loving my face right now and roll on November GRUME 😎😎😎

Pre-shave: Stirling Unscented facial soap
Brush: Stirling B&W 2 band synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless (3)
Lather: B&M Oceana
Aftershave: Cold water + alum, hyaluronic acid, B&M Oceana aftershave
Did you enjoy the Oceana? I love how clean it smells. It reminds me of a trip I took to Antiqua, one of my favourite vacations! How would you compare it to AE St Bart's?

Did you enjoy the Oceana? I love how clean it smells. It reminds me of a trip I took to Antiqua, one of my favourite vacations! How would you compare it to AE St Bart's?
I like it, but I don't love it. It's very different and considerably sweeter than Navigator's profile (which is described as amber, marine, and musk). The lather/feel is great, just like all the B&M I've tried.

If I'm comparing it to St. Bart's, I would say it is similar - like those two scents are in the same wheelhouse (with Navigator and A&E The Undersea being rather different). Oceana is "sweet/sandy, spice/wood, and aquatic" and St. Bart's is "Fruity, sweet/sandy, and aquatic", in order I perceive scent profiles.

We'll see how another shave or two goes, and I might put it up on the trading block. :)

Still in.
Content with not buying/adding more stuff to the collection, especially with a few September purchases still arriving in the post.
Today's SOTD.

Gillette New Deluxe common bar
Gillette Nacet (1)
Simpsons Chubby 1 Best
Saponificio Varesino - Tundra Artica Soap & aftershave

Currently trying to finish off the Tundra Artica soap, I'm making pretty good inroads and hope to finish in the next few weeks.

Good morning all, still in here and positively loving the chilly weather. Brace yourselves for another soliloquy from the rookie.

20211026_075444.jpg

Brush: Stirling Kong synthetic
Razor: Schick Type M3
Blade: Schick Injector (if there's another, more specific name for these 7-packs, I don't know what it is)
Lather: Stirling Autumn Glory
Aftershave: Cold water + alum, Stirling Autumn Glory aftershave

I received my first injector razor from @South Dakota Guy last night (B&B NBCF auction winning) and couldn't wait to give it a spin. I was really impressed by this solid little tool - everything feels and looks tight and well made.

I have two observations after my first shave. The first is that I love the feel and ease of this style of razor, and am very pleased to have been turned on to this line of razors.

The second is that I had substantially more alum feedback/irritation than usual, though it has died down quite quickly. A little bit of searching indicates this might be normal for first shave w/an injector blade, especially when learning to shave with an injector. Actually, it's a lot more like shaving with a cartridge razor than a DE, so I'm kind of "unlearning what I have learned".

Any further wisdom on the point of injectors or early experiences would be much appreciated.

Good morning all, still in here and positively loving the chilly weather. Brace yourselves for another soliloquy from the rookie.

View attachment 1352668

Brush: Stirling Kong synthetic
Razor: Schick Type M3
Blade: Schick Injector (if there's another, more specific name for these 7-packs, I don't know what it is)
Lather: Stirling Autumn Glory
Aftershave: Cold water + alum, Stirling Autumn Glory aftershave

I received my first injector razor from @South Dakota Guy last night (B&B NBCF auction winning) and couldn't wait to give it a spin. I was really impressed by this solid little tool - everything feels and looks tight and well made.

I have two observations after my first shave. The first is that I love the feel and ease of this style of razor, and am very pleased to have been turned on to this line of razors.

The second is that I had substantially more alum feedback/irritation than usual, though it has died down quite quickly. A little bit of searching indicates this might be normal for first shave w/an injector blade, especially when learning to shave with an injector. Actually, it's a lot more like shaving with a cartridge razor than a DE, so I'm kind of "unlearning what I have learned".

Any further wisdom on the point of injectors or early experiences would be much appreciated.
The blade you chose is the Chinese manufactured Schick blade known on this forum informally as Chicks. I am glad that you had a good shave!

Top Bottom