What's new

October 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in. Had a blast throwing money at the auction, so it seems I really got the "crutch" month to start with, eh?

Pre-shave: Stirling Unscented facial soap
Brush: WCS Lantern Badger
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Lather: A&E The Undersea
Aftershave: Cold water + alum, hyaluronic acid, Zingari Man The Navigator aftershave balm

My first experience shaving with an A&E soap. I am tempted to say it may be the slickest that I've experienced, even though the scent is the most underwhelming marine/nautical smell I've had. So, despite my aversion to this brand and its marketing presence, I will probably give them another go. Have samples of St. Bart's and Peach Cognac queued up.

My first experience shaving with an A&E soap. I am tempted to say it may be the slickest that I've experienced, even though the scent is the most underwhelming marine/nautical smell I've had. So, despite my aversion to this brand and its marketing presence, I will probably give them another go. Have samples of St. Bart's and Peach Cognac queued up.
I am interested in how you find the St. Bart's. I have been thinking of trying A&E and that scent in particular. My favourite nautical one so far is B&M Oceana.

I am interested in how you find the St. Bart's. I have been thinking of trying A&E and that scent in particular. My favourite nautical one so far is B&M Oceana.
I will shave with it soon to give it a go. I lathered up a bit of it last week, and it's a very warm, creamy, fruity scent. Doesn't scratch my "ocean scent" itch, but is nice in its own regard.

ZM Navigator, on the other hand is my absolute favorite thus far. I suppose I should try Oceana before we get too far from the warm months. Frosted here last night!

Still in

A late leisurely shave with my favorite soap after a long stressful night.
My daughter came home from work around 9pm and by 10 was saying her stomach really hurt. By 11 we were in the ER running tests and around 1 AM she had an appendectomy. Everybody was home safe and sound by 5 AM but I don't think I fell asleep till around 7. It was definitely a therapeutic and relaxing shave.

Schick Injector Type E3
Schick Injector (14)
Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Yaqi Purple Haze 24mm Mew Brown synthetic
Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Still in with my backup kit while I close my cottage for the year. Still an excellent shave. 👍 Going down to about 35F tonight. Yay me! 👎

- Brush: Simpson Trafalgar 1
- Razor: Weishi Traditional
- Blade: Asco (1)
- Soap: Cremo Stick
- Aftershave: Stirling Arkadia
- AS Balm: Frye & Co. Sandalwood

E6F3D14D-3FA1-4C2F-AE01-3E7B95495CF2.jpeg

Still in. Lovely foggy morning here which is quickly burning off.

Brush: Stirling B&W 2 band synthetic
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless (1)
Lather: A&E St. Bart's
Aftershave: Cold water + alum, hyaluronic acid, Stirling Gin & Tonic AS splash

St. Bart's had all the protection of The Undersea with a much more appealing scent that wafted around pleasantly. Bathroom smells like a beachfront fruit stand this morning.

Bracing Aftershave burn this morning, more than usual. Amazing how much this Stirling smells like a real Gin & Tonic. Very refreshing.

Still in. Been so busy the last 8 days, only been able to shave twice and zero time to even consider making any purchases of any kind. Next week, my shave routine will be back to normal… hopefully. Had a fantastic shave today that was close and smooth plus I love the scent on Pisgah.

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Schick Proline (5)
Brush: Chisel and Hound Cenote / Shavemac 26mm D01 2-Band Silvertip (Bulb)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Seaworthy
Soap: Murphy and McNeil Pisgah (Kodiak)
Aftershave: Murphy and McNeil Pisgah Splash and Balm

EE08571B-0728-4C45-84EF-2DA31D614DA6.jpeg

Still in

Pre-Shave: hot water splash
Lather: TOBS Sandalwood
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic
Razor: Böker Olivewood Shavette
Blade: Miraki (2)
Post-shave: Cold water, alum block and Fuar Ach Snog

I had a great shave this morning, the Sandalwood lathered up beautifully thanks to the Italian Barber Method and the Böker gave me a nice bbs shave, no blood or irritation.

Isn't it great when everything comes together beautifully.

Still in.

Gillette New Long Comb - common bar. USA variant
Gillette Nacet (1).
Simpson M7 Manchurian.
SV Tundra Artica soap & AS.

I've been reshaping and trying to smooth out my M7 brush with some coarse sandpaper. This specific Manchurian brush has always been terribly coarse and spikey in the centre/highest loft point. So far my efforts have improved it, the abrasion has softened up a bit hair and it feels less harsh and more aggreable.

The Gillette New LC I used today was surprisingly smooth and very efficient, I don't think I ever shaved with it before, but I'm very glad I did. 2 passes and I had BBS. I always thought the new LC was basically like a Tech, but I don't think so now.

Only 1 week to go!

Still in. Lovely Sabbath shave today. My boy helped lather things up. Not sure he was much help, but it was fun. Especially slapping menthol Aftershave on his cheeks. :biggrin1:

Brush: Stirling Kong 2 band synthetic
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless (2)
Lather: B&M Hallows
Aftershave: Cold water + alum, Stirling Unscented splash with menthol, B&M Hallows Balm

Was really weirded out by this soap the first time, but it has really grown on me.

Top Bottom