What's new

October 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in. Great shave tonight.

PdP63 and a great small Simpson to lather it up.

EBBFE4B6-A30B-4DD1-981B-514A962CC046.jpeg

Still in. Had an ok shave today. After having a fantastic shave with this blade yesterday, it felt rough today which lead to some irritation on one side of my neck and not as smooth and close as I’m used to. Oh well, onward to tomorrow’s shave.

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (3)
Brush: Chisel and Hound Buffalo Valley / 26mm V9 Fanchurian
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Classic - Rawhide
Soap: Declaration Grooming / House of Mammoth / Noble Otter Cerberus
Aftershave: Declaration Grooming / House of Mammoth / Noble Otter Cerberus Splash

B231E1EC-FB79-4553-8D93-455E59B7C49E.jpeg

Still in
Forgot to post yesterdays shave so here it is

Pre-Shave: Warm shower
Brush: Omega S-Brush
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4)
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (3)
Soap: Thiers Issard Vetiver
Post-Shave: Alum Block
Williams Acqua Velva AS Splash
Nivea Protect & Care ASB

Nice and comfortable BBS shave again. Enjoying introducing some soaps infrequently used to my rotation. 😎😎😎😎

Still in.

My setup for the last 2 days has been:

Gillette New Improved
Personna Red or Wilkinson English (vintage) blades
SV Tundra Artica soap and aftershave.
Simpsons Chubby 3 manchurians

I'm currently trying to 3017 the Tundra Artica soap, being more of a winter scent (to my nose) it makes sense to finish it up as the seasons more from Spring to Summer over here.

The work week has been a too full/tiring for me to organise a proper straight razor shave the morning, so it's very nice to fall back to a good DE shave where I dont have to think about the edge too much and still have a great experience.

I didn't post yesterday, but I am still in.

Pre-shave: Stirling Unscented facial soap
Brush: WCS Lantern Badger
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless (1)
Lather: Cella Red
Aftershave: Cold water + alum, Stirling Unscented Witch Hazel + Aloe w/Menthol, Barberia Bolognini Aftershave oil

20211014_084841.jpg

Revisiting Cella after some time. I grabbed a tub of this early on in my shave journey because I love almond and thought it sounded amazing. Just don't feel like I get a great lather of it, and the scent isn't as good as Stirling's Almond Creme (and you know the lather is great there).

Hands down preference for Feather, going between it and the Astra the last few days.

I'm still in but I'm out. Out in the sense that the ads are driving me away. Gives a whole new meaning to the word 'badger '
They were driving me nuts and almost drove me away too. On my last leg, I tried installing a free ad blocker for Safari app on my iPhone and now have zero ads on B&B and YouTube. Maybe give that a try. We need you around incase any questions about fluffernutters arise :thumbup1:

Still in!

Razor: RR BBS OC
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Blade: Feather (3)
Preshave: Lush Kalamazoo face wash, proraso blue
Soap: Oceana
Aftershave: Alum, then Proraso blue

I just tried the OC last Sunday for the first time and did a bit of a hack job so today I was really careful and I think I had one of the best shaves I have had ever. I don't know if my fear of the open comb makes me apply less pressure but even with 3 passes and a touch up in a few I have way less irritation and almost no feedback from the alum. I was blaming sensitive skin and coarse beard but now I am thinking its mostly technique.

I am going to try the standard SB plate tomorrow to see how that goes.

I'm still in but I'm out. Out in the sense that the ads are driving me away. Gives a whole new meaning to the word 'badger '
Wait until you translate it in french and see how french people really use this word in a day to day conversation ...

Go Badgers ... just in case anyone wondered, after immigrating to the US from France I lived for 18 month in Madison Wisconsin ... and yeah I did sent a tee purchased on state street to my ex manager proclaiming "Proud to be a badger" ... That dude never understood the irony of it ...

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Wait until you translate it in french and see how french people really use this word in a day to day conversation ...

Go Badgers ... just in case anyone wondered, after immigrating to the US from France I lived for 18 month in Madison Wisconsin ... and yeah I did sent a tee purchased on state street to my ex manager proclaiming "Proud to be a badger" ... That dude never understood the irony of it ...
C'est vraiment un blaireau, celui-là!

Prep : warm shower / Dove sensitive skin bar soap
Cream : Barbasol Soothing Aloe
Razor : DSC black rubbery handle
Blade : DSC cart two many blade to count on 1 hand(1)
Post : alum block , Gillette Series Sensitive Skin After Shave

I guess that was the cheepo shave I have not have in a long time. Got a shave after taking a few miles walk after work, felt like shaving during the shower. No brush was hydrating the shower so got the barbaksol can from under the sink.

Nothing pleasurable on this shave, but I guess that will settles it, the next shave will be back on my Merkur 34 and a Voshkod blade.

Last edited:
Still in, halfway..... setup as usual:

Soap : Tabac (tallow puck)
Razor : FOCS
Blade : Kai stainless steel (2)

Second shave with the Kai blade. Very carefull but still couple of red dots on the chin.
Very close shave, almost BBS. 9.7/10

Top Bottom