What's new

October 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in.
No photo today so here's an ad of my razor from 1946 instead:

image001.gif

linty1

My wallet cries.
8AC76EAE-1D42-44E0-BC68-50F75283667B.jpeg

Still in.

I've always admired those injector and gem razors from afar, they look nice to use, but I wanna keep my blades relatively simple and not have too many diff sorts, the fact that I have a separate type of blade for the feather se's already kinda annoys me.

Last of this soap, the ring will be dug out and used as handsoap. I an 100% in grume for soaps and creams as I have too many waiting in line to be used (I'm a one at a time user).

Still in,

Prep : warm shower / Bulldog original face wash
Pre shave : Proraso Sensitive skin green — Cremo cooling cream
Brush : Proraso boar by Omega
Cream : Proraso Shaving Soap Sensitive Skin Jar — Nivea Cream blue tube
Razor : Merkur 34 C
Blade : Voshkod (6)
Post : alum block ,Nivea cooling effects , Gold bond powder

Well it was looking like one of those Monday case, got up late was supposed to do OT . Took a quick shower, and started to apply the usual pre shave just to find my skin overly dry and absorbing it all. Those days only lead to one result cut nick and irritation … For once I stopped in my track and remember the good old saying , you can’t expect different result doing the same thing … I grabbed the small bin with my shaving gear and got the cremo and nivea cream out. End result is an OK shave. I switch from looking forward to shave to looking forward to mow down must of the stubble and made it happened without cut nick or much irritation … I’ll take the win

I shaved before bed last night! 2 shave day...no irritation but I am taking today off. I blame the Thanksgiving festivities! Ok it could be the Irish Whiskey, Method and Madness!!!

Preshave: Proraso blue
Soap/Cream: Proraso blue
Brush: Omega 49 Pro
Razor: BBS OC. First time using an OC.
Blade: Feather
Aftershave: Proraso Blue

I have only been using a DE since July and this was my first OC experience. I really enjoyed it, so much so that I shaved my moustache and goatee off last night, lol my wife didn't notice until this morning. Its been about 15 years since the last time I shaved it off! Today is the first day of it growing back, lol!

Still in, but foruming was tempting me quite a bit yesterday, so I've resolved to cut back on it during the evenings this week.

Pre-shave: Stirling Unscented facial soap
Brush: Stirling Kong synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless (3)
Lather: Stirling Sandpiper
Aftershave: Cold water + alum, hyaluronic acid, Stirling Unscented w/menthol, Stirling Sandpiper A/S

I have noticed no downside with using this Feather blade in my familiar razor. I think I prefer it to my training wheel blade (Astra SP), so I'm going to dedicate this week to that razor and those two blades.

Still in. Great shave today though a careless mistake gave me a nice nick. I'm finding that moving into a new house and all of the expense that entails has greatly curbed my desire to spend on anything shave related. I have a feeling I'll be GRUMEing until the end of the year and may even take next year off of purchases.

Timeless Bronze
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (2)
Unknown best badger reknot
PAA F Bomb soap and AS
Nivea Sensitive Cool
Alum

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Day 10, out.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: MWF
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.68 OC, Wizamet SI #1
Post-shave: Nivea Balm.

Excellent shave with a fresh Wizamet.

Allowed Backup Disorder to get the better of me, and ordered more Mitchell's Wool Fat. This was going to happen sooner or later, but I triggered it off by browsing the usual places.
You're still my hero, you teuchter you.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Monday morning, 4.10 AM.
GSB blade on shave #5 or 6 in the red tip Super Speed
Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic brush
Razorock XXX Fresco soap
A wee bit of Proraso 'blue' balm & a big puddle of Floid Vigoroso to finish
The sweet smell of restraint. It's now 12.30 and I'm still picking up the smell of the blend of the balm and the Floid.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all of our friends in the great Dominion of the True North!

Still in

36 hour dwell

Hot Shower
Shannon's Black Magic/Williams Mug
RR Bruce Synthetic
34C
Perma-Sharp (3)
Lucky Tiger Splash

Easy Monday morning 2-pass + touch-up. Ready for the week with a planned day off on Friday.

A bit of a sore back from walking 18 and carrying my bag yesterday. Poured a nice Vanilla the Hun Porter out of Seminar Brewing which helped ease the pain a bit.

Peace

My apologies, fine gentlemen.
I caved and bought myself some aftershaves L'orange verte & pino alpestre and a load of 100 dorco prime st 300 blades.

Many thanks for keeping me off the stuff for an amazing 10 (I'm an optimist and will tell myself I lasted 11) days.

I was lacking an autumn scent and the changing weather made me pull the trigger.

I know I lack willpower and perseverance but find comfort in the fact that I was't the first to give in.

I wish you all the best of luck in completing this purifying quest.

I'm out, didn't read the rules very carefully. Have fun, guys!
My apologies, fine gentlemen.
I caved and bought myself some aftershaves L'orange verte & pino alpestre and a load of 100 dorco prime st 300 blades.

Many thanks for keeping me off the stuff for an amazing 10 (I'm an optimist and will tell myself I lasted 11) days.

I was lacking an autumn scent and the changing weather made me pull the trigger.

I know I lack willpower and perseverance but find comfort in the fact that I was't the first to give in.

I wish you all the best of luck in completing this purifying quest.
I am out. A late night careless entry for a PIF got me.
Yikes - we've gotten to the floodwaters! I think a moment of silence is in order.

[...]

That's sorted, then.

I hope that you all will continue to play along at home and shoot for 30-of-31. If not, that's fine - to each his own - but feel free to check in on occasion, just to let us know how you're doing. And, of course, I would love to see you in November.

And when a few brothers fall, it's time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @henrickd - GRUYERE
3) @Doti B
4) @cryhavoc - GRUYERE
5) @Sinnbad11
6) @JWCowboy
7) @Multum in parvo
8) @Owen Bawn
9) @‘Bout Time
10) @JKar
11) @SharpieB
12) @hopper_64
13) Timeclo - out (10/8: discounted stuff)
14) @Heavy_Metal_Hound
15) @linty1
16) @Stuart Ganis
17) @mattps1
18) JaggardJ - out (10/10: PIF entry)
19) Roedeer - out (10/10: MWF)
20) @12stones
21) @Kyle89
22) @Jmp63 - GRUYERE
23) @bobmsp
24) @FL shaver
25) @Contact_vs_Feedback
26) @sandorfi
27) @djmillard
28) @B_R_A_D
29) JCinPA - out (10/10: PIF entry)
30) Shaun asleep - out (10/11: AS and blades)
31) @Dodger59
32) Abz88 - out (10/5: RFB)
33) @Balin
34) @pdieten
35) @La Malice
36) @Altonius

Still in
I had a much less mediocre Bic shave today. This stick of arko pairs nicely with some myrsol Limon and is quite a pleasant soap to use. Also, if I lose it or leave it I have many more at home and they are each a bit less than a dollar so no real concern there.

I brought along witch hazel and Myrsol Limon in silicon travel bottles so I'm not missing out on anything for post shave.
20211011_161746.jpg

Still in
I had a much less mediocre Bic shave today. This stick of arko pairs nicely with some myrsol Limon and is quite a pleasant soap to use. Also, if I lose it or leave it I have many more at home and they are each a bit less than a dollar so no real concern there.

I brought along witch hazel and Myrsol Limon in silicon travel bottles so I'm not missing out on anything for post shave.
View attachment 1343960
dang I haven't seen one of those orange razor in such a long time ...

Changed my mind and put the new Astra ss in my flare tip, because it's my mildest shaver.
I cut my nose VERY badly. It just kept bleeding, alot! Rubbed my alum Block against it like a madman which did the trick.

I cut myself because I was still half asleep but I do have to say the Astra just isn't the right blade for me, regardless of what razor I throw at it

I like Astra SPs (greens) a lot, so I was expecting the Astra SS (blues) to be good as well.

Got a surprise when I finally did try one — "sharp, probably, but rough". I suppose I should try another, in case the first was a dud.

Top Bottom