What's new

October 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in. Missed a couple days.

Pre-shave: Stirling Unscented facial soap
Brush: Stirling B&W 2 band synthetic
Razor: ATT Windsor SSR1
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Lather: Stirling Sandpiper
Aftershave: Cold water + alum, Stirling Sandpiper A/S

Really love these Stirling cologne scents.

Still in.

Top quality gears (in my rotation) were picked up to get a very comfortable shave.

IMG_20211019_083637.jpg

It is always a pleasure to use Tabac (tallow) and SOC together.

Gillette Super Thin is a new blade for me - good smoothness but lacking in sharpness.
I'll give it another use to see if it becomes more sharper or duller after the first use.

Still in.

The last two days were shaves with 5/8 Thiers Issard or Ralf Aust straight razor and Saponificio Varesino Soap and Aftershaves. Brushes were Polo 8 and Emperor 1 both in Super badger.

I've been very busy with work, and unfortunately haven't had much time for here. I'm also spending time looking for a new job, so less recreation time or SOTD photos etc.

Still in, Grume & Tabactober.
Very pleasant and smooth evening shave, full BBS - 9.9/10

Pre: Proraso yellow Wood & Spice
Brush: Muhle Rytmo badger
Razor: Gillette old style clone, thin cap with ball end handle
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Soap: Tabac tallow puck
After: Alcolado glacial & Nivea sensitive ASB

Seems lik an excellent razor-blade combination.

Still in.

Didn’t shave for 4 days, not because I didn’t want to, but I had way too much going on so was very happy for today’s shave. Used some of my favs for a close and smooth shave and smell so good.

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Schick Proline (4)
Brush: Paladin Samurai 26mm
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Seaworthy - Abaco
Soap: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre Splash

010198C7-65B8-49A3-85AB-87A55965B905.jpeg

I am out. I snapped and bought a few autumn soaps and aftershaves. The GRUME karma bit me too, I cut a mole on my jawline that I have not nicked for almost 2 months!!

I am still holding on to no new hardware for October and will be rooting for all you who remain!!

linty1

My wallet cries.
Still in.

Had put down my Eagle in Super for bit as while the handles lovely, the hair just wasn't what I was expecting (had a teeny bit of scrub). Came back to it a bit, and on the third shave back, put it to my face and.... whoa.... that's soft. I guess it broke in. Even just feeling the tips dry, there's a difference from before, it's softer when dry now too. Disappointment has turned into "this is very nice brush".

No photo as... all my photos are similar to me and I'm getting sick of my own photos lol

Top Bottom