What's new

OCtober 2020

OCtober 28
Razor:
Leresche
Blade: Gillette yellow
Soap: Col. Conk Almond
Brush: Omega boar (the little green one)

A little too much blade buffing = weeper. When will I learn?

2020-10-28 20.07.29.jpg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
October 29th -- Who says cats can't fetch....this skeletal feline has helpfully brought my Autostrop, complete with a loaded GEM SS PTFE. The resulting shave was a 3-pass DFS. I have to reiterate that this the longest time I have ever used the same soap (and brush, for that matter), and just continue to really enjoy it....the Hallows performance and the scent just really works for me.
proxy.php

2E3571BB-8E3F-4577-A529-022E18380153.jpeg

Razor: FOCS
Blade: GSB (3)
Brush: TSS Rein Dachs Klassik
Soap: VDH Deluxe
AS: Avon Leather

Slantember and OCtober have allowed my FOCS to steal a lot of turns in the rotation from my other razors, some of which have been sitting in the drawer the last two months wondering when they’d get used again. So I guess this will be the last FOCS shave for a little while, though it once again made its usual case for getting rid of everything else instead. Knocked back 40 hours of tough stubble as if it weren’t even there. But we’ll close out OCtober with the Schöne Saturday night before church so I look pretty while I’m reading at the ambo.

Completed this shower and shave before bed and lay down next to the wife, who informed me that I was not to wear this aftershave in her presence again. I washed it off with a big splash of Sea Breeze. The good news is that I have the cleanest face in town now.

Fri 30 OCtober#24 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor Parker 26C OC
Blade Gillette Super Platinum
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Axe Signature Denim
Excellent soap! Appreciate it more & more. Nice unique scent and great performance. Creamy and slick.
Shave with razor paired with blade was good. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes but not so efficient. Unexpected creeper. Between bbs to dfs. Post & aftershaves always good.
Rating 9/10
20201030_005900.jpg

20201030_104239.jpg

TabOCtober
Ended Tabac OCtober like it started.
Rare morning shave started Friday in a good way.
Riding the cap on the FOCS combined with tabac made it a smooth and efficient shave.
Razor : Fatip La Storto Slant OC
Blade : Astra sp (3)
PS : Proraso red
Soap : Tabac stick scooped
Cold rinse and Thayers witch Hazel
AS : Tabac

Close to BBS, no nicks, 9.8/10

Have a nice weekend
IMG_20201030_063148.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1604058091844.png

October 29th -- Who says cats can't fetch....this skeletal feline has helpfully brought my Autostrop, complete with a loaded GEM SS PTFE. The resulting shave was a 3-pass DFS. I have to reiterate that this the longest time I have ever used the same soap (and brush, for that matter), and just continue to really enjoy it....the Hallows performance and the scent just really works for me.

Imagine what that cat could do if you fed it. Very clever already it is.

OCtober 30 - Blackland Tradere OC

Nice 1 pass CCS from the Tradere on a busy morning shave. Just one more OC shave to go this month.

Prep: Hot Shower
OC: Blackland Tradere OC
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Soap: Martin de Candre - Vetyver
Brush: Simpson M7 Faux Ruby Manchurian
After: alum and Trumper Lime Skinfood
83237698-E778-4D3A-AB28-91582DEDEE4C.jpeg

OCtober 30 - frank-ette Friday

The corroded, marginal head on this silver Tuckaway got a new lease on life - slantification. The handle stumbled on, sightless, until the good Dr Frank (enstein? N. Furter?) attached a thin cap 1918 serial # Old Type head.

blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
shave stick: Ogallala Bay Rum Lime Peppercorns
brush: Omega 10047 Mixed Midget
after: Captain's Choice Land Ho!

250D1EC6-1E62-4D02-B10D-0ACA617B3DE1.jpeg

Close and smooth.

I'm traveling, but I came prepared for some diverse shaves. New (well, vintage-new-to-me) razors are out there in the wild as well. I just need to run the traplines. Collected a couple pelts yesterday, as I started this journey.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
proxy.php
Fred, looks like you forgot to feed the cat and it looks like it was a Valet autostrop fan to boot! :yikes:

OCtober 30:
277A60ED-49A9-4EF3-9860-C556BFE30D20.jpeg

PAA Nickel DOC again today. I knew going in that it would be tough to get a close shave with it, so I loaded up a Lab Blue and added a 4th pass. No dice. Easy-breasy shave, but an amazing amount of invisible but tangible stubble left. Pretty much everywhere. If I added a 5th pass, I’m not sure I have any directions left to go in. :rolleyes1

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 30th, Fri, 2020

Razor: Razorock SLOC- Mfg 2018> excellent razor paired with a Kai SS blade IMO, Very smooth combination & Carefree shave also.
Blade: KAI SS (1) Excellent blade, Smooth & sharp + .009" extra wide than standard for better blade feel.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore Firenze, Top tier soap in my collection with excellent scent and lather qualities!
Brush: Yaqi lucky dice tuxedo knot 26 mm- great lather creator with back bone & those cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch Hazel + a dollop of AVON "true gent" balm. I like their balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my RR SLOC razor paired with a KAI ss blade.
OCtober 30th, Fri, 2020.jpg

Have some excellent shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Last edited:
OCtober 30th (22nd OC of 22 Shaves)

Timeless 95 OC SS / Gillette Sport (3rd)
Gillette Slim H4 / Feather (New)
Dove +Men Pre-Shave
Soap Commander Endurance (Classic Spice) / 30mm Synthetic
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Old Spice (Homebrew)
Soap Commander Endurance (Classic Spice)

Kept with the OCtober, just mixed in my sentimental Slim today for one of the passes.

Top Bottom