What's new

OCtober 2020

OCtober 21
Razor:
Fatip Open Comb Slant (FOCS)
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (MWF)
Brush: Omega boar (the big red)

I've been using my Yaqi Timber Wolf (synthetic) with MWF. Today I tried using the big boar. As with the Yaqi, I shook out as much water from the Omega as I could. With the synthetic, I swirl for a count of 30 and have decent lather. I did the same with the boar, but needed to add a bit of water to get decent lather. Overall, a fine experience.

2020-10-21 15.48.37.jpg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Well, it is probably going to be like the PBOCS in that the blade exposure is so pronounced that it can chatter.

THAT would be right in line with my experience of the Fasan Double Slant. Not complaining, just saying if it's an accurate iteration it would do that. Which means it's definitely a 3-pass razor for me. Just like the Fasan I have.

Too darn cool not to have one.

Or a couple. Heh.

O.H.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: October 21, 2020
Razor: ATT S2
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar
Soap: Proraso Green tub

IMG_0438[1].JPG

My skin's finally recovered from the Friday Massacre last week. Probably I wouldn't have had so many problems if I wasn't so stubborn. We'll never know.

Not having to weave around the potholes this morning was nice. The S2 really is a great razor, and the Astra SP is a great blade in this great razor.

One more day on this one, then finish off the month with the MMOC.

O.H.

Soap: Cella
Razor: Gillette NEW LC
Blade: 7 O'clock SS (1)
Brush: Omega 10077
Aftershave: Pinaud VIBR
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Ditched the wade and the astra blades thank god. I'll have to modify a different blade for the wade and butcher before OCtober is over, but as of now I'll just enjoy the Gillette NEW.

I can't believe it's the 21st already.

OCtober 21 - Evening

Old Type 4 piece travel set
Rapira PL (5)
Barbasol 1919

Left hand wet and slick, travel razor in right, no real passes, just a lot of buffing and re-slicking until I had made up for a hurried morning single pass shave.

Mission accomplished, I hope to roll back home to some better OCs tomorrow or Saturday.

Thu 22 #7TabacOCtober#17 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade SuperMax Platinum Plus #2
Post & Shave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Super lather from the soap...what a pleasure...!!
Shave with razor paired with blade was not so good. The blade is tuggy...not sharp nor smooth. Managed to complete 3pass with a couple of weepers and dfs result. Luckily post & aftershave was good. Rating 8.5/10
20201021_201622.jpg

20201022_064321.jpg

Hi,

I finally got into the swing of things. Using all my OCs. Just not in the oldest-to-newest rotation as I have other years. I have been using one for two or three days in a row and being pretty haphazard about it all. ;)

I have not used the ATT S2 so far. Which, isn't even in that pic. The 8th razor in the 7 day set. :p

Stan

OCtober 22 - Gillette NEW Long Comb

Ok, all those NEW LC photos over the past day or two got to me. Here I am jumping on the bandwagon. Had a great two pass (WTG, XTG) shave.

Prep: Hot Shower
OC: Gillette NEW LC
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock yellow (1)
Soap: Geo F Trumper- GFT cream
Brush: Simpson Major Super
After: Alum and GFT Lime Skinfood
0D8CC44A-F8A5-4831-92F2-DDD9F1024820.jpeg

Top Bottom