What's new

OCtober 2020

OCtober 19
Razor:
Gillette NEW long comb
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Soap: Derby
Brush: Omega boar (the Big Red)

A soap that just plain smells like soap. Great shave, no nicks, no weepers.

2020-10-19 16.51.45.jpg

OCtober shave 16

As per my usual method I’m switching razors every five shaves. Today I went from my NEW Long Comb to a NEW Short Comb, with a new Nacet. I go back and forth as to which of these I prefer. It was hard to tell today because I skipped my Sunday shave so the razor and blade had to work twice as hard. We’ll see tomorrow whether the SC will match the incredible smoothness of the LC.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
OCtober 2020 #11
Tabactober 2020 #7
20201019_190936~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector OC :001_wub:
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (6)
Brush: OMEGA Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle
Lather: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac
Fragrance: Tabac

WTG, ATG, XTG plus minor touch-up using the Vector OC.

DFS++ (BBS except the "Fool's Pass" area) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Shaving with the Blackland Razors Vector OC every day could get to be a habit. 😎

Tue 20th #6TabacOCtober#15 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Fatip OC Grande
Blade BiC Chrome Platinum #3
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
Excellent soap & brush combo creating a thick creamy and slick lather.
Shave with razor paired with blade was ohhh so smooth and comfortable for 3passes. Should stop but felt so good with the razor and went for a pickup and pay for it with 2 weepers. Very good post & aftershave. Rating 9.5/10.
Would have been perfect.
Reputation of razor and the shave is well deserved but depends on blade choice...
20201020_110735.jpg

OCtober 20 - Blackland Tradere OC

Blackland Tradere OC, kept a steeper angle, as I had the last time I used this razor and had a very nice experience. Two pass (WTG, XTG) and got DFS+ . Kept the GSB, not my favorite for this razor.

Prep: Hot Shower
OC: Blackland Tradere OC
Blade: GSB (4)
Soap: Wickham soap 1912 - Cashmere
Brush: Simpson Commodore X1 Super
After: Alum and GFT Lime Skinfood
CB7D0EC0-3D53-468E-BE0C-58C741BB129B.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 20th, Tue, 2020

Razor: Valet auto-strop C1, Canadian Variant- Mfg 1920's NDC
Valet Auto-stop C 1, MFG 1920's- .011 original gap clearance to a .007 blade gap Henry,Jacques...jpg
, modified (1yr+ ago)blade gab from .011 to .007"thousands, it just made it so much smoother, the older blades might of not been as sharp as of todays because with .011" it was very aggressive I felt.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (1) :001_wub: Very sharp, excellent longevity, predictable and smooth's out nicely.
Soap: Tabac- mild flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities IMO.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm with black marble handle- excellent and favorite lather creator with cloud like tips. Hard to beat!
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups, WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS+ no irritation + no weepers =:a17:excellent shave with my modified gap blade Valet auto strop & modified Gem blade. Lots of modifications to make it work to my standards of a excellent shave it seems, great razor.
OCtober 20th, Tue, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Last edited:
Today's contribution to OCtober is courtesy of this one of a kind Old Type (Army 'J' serial number) set. Someone spent some time and effort back in the day to construct this set. I purchased it at auction and decided to keep it, as it's really a neat piece and very nice. Happy shaves, everyone! ...........lol...........forgot the brush so added a pic of the Whipped Dog two band that I used! :)
10.20.20.jpg
10.20.20.1.jpg

Maybe I have a razor like that. Where is it?

When I bought it on eBay I thought it was a travel razor, but gentlemen on the board clued me in. A Gillette Milady. I guess that means it's a lady's razor.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Yeah, it's a "lady's razor," that I picked up a couple weeks ago--I too thought "travel razor" at first when the antique store worker handed me a plastic bag of razors she had, but the more I looked at it I thought Milady, so I gave her $5 and left. Per Mr. Razor's website, the handles of the earlier Miladys are different (fluted handle) than the 1927 OT Miladys which look more like a ball-end OT handle (with the ball end being polished brass) in miniature. In my bear paws, I found the short handle was easier than a travel tech to use, and forced a naturally light (dare I say "dainty?") touch for a smooth, efficient OT shave.

Top Bottom