Timeless Bronze OC Timeless Ti Handle
Feather
Timeless bronze.JPG

OCtober 18:

CB15592C-0A6D-44B4-AD89-C0723632A44F.jpeg

Stirling bergamot lavender software
Essentia olive/resin badger/boar brush
GEM MMOC w/Personna GEM PTFE

Very pleasant lavender shave. Blade’s a lot noisier in the MMOC vs the Starling. Been trying the Marco Method of lathering. Much wetter than my usual lather, but I might also like it better. Love this brush more with every use. The mixed badger/boar knot is beyond awesome.

OCtober 18 morning - Ferndrihan V1 dual comb / Bic CrPt (5)

Molded SS head this a.m., with a Rosseforp CNC machined SS handle. The tolerances are a lot tighter on the handle than the head. The Fendi blade alignment shares some features with the 'positive registration' of a Goodwill 160. The Goodwill registers more positively than the Fendrihan, however.

Old school lather:
>NOS Old Spice from the Belgian mug it was sold in
>custom black walnut boar with bed head
>Captain's Choice copper bowl
After: Old Spice Classic
8A52AC51-B4E3-4740-87FD-C7418E78D4B7.jpeg

Close, fast shave, a user error nick at the bottom of my neck, the Bic blade is hanging in there. Enjoy your OC Sunday, gentlemen.

Great smooth and efficient shaver that demands some respect and a light touch! I find it more efficient and aggressive (meaning it will bite you easier) than my three piece old types (US and Canadian thick cap).

+1

My 164 is USA, but I think I can +1 md1234's review anyway. I like the 164's old type head/comb. The decorative cap does not add any drag, something I expected but did not experience.

Great smooth and efficient shaver that demands some respect and a light touch! I find it more efficient and aggressive (meaning it will bite you easier) than my three piece old types (US and Canadian thick cap).
+1

My 164 is USA, but I think I can +1 md1234's review anyway. I like the 164's old type head/comb. The decorative cap does not add any drag, something I expected but did not experience.

Thanks for the input gentlemen. I just acquired a Canadian 164 amidst a buying spree of Old Types. I had my second shave with it today - First shave with a one use Voskhod, today with a fresh Wizamet. I feel that the blade exposure is a tad more than my three piece, thick cap Old Types. This could be operator error to a degree as the blade alignment seems more tricky too. So far it as just as smooth (possibly a tad more) than my ball end OTs and it of course looks REALLY cool. I'd like to have this one stick around in my shaving rotation but I'm less confident with it than other Old Types.

I have a slew to test out here but I'm rooting for the Candian 164 based on looks alone at this point!

OCtober 18 - Gillette Senator

Just love this Senator (a phrase I haven’t otherwise used much in my adult life). Not the smoothest feeling blade, but pretty darn nice. Got an easy Sunday morning CCS with one pass. I can’t help myself, I keep coming back to this razor.

Prep: Hot Shower
OC: Gillette Senator
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Soap: Wickham soap 1912- Cashmere
Brush: Simpson Classic 1 Best
After: alum and Trumper Lime Skinfood
A66C47D0-2CA3-4E6E-B162-A3D61DCE516A.jpeg

I decided to drag out the Old DE just to get another OC shave in this month. I rarely used this (2x a year?), but wanted to play and so here we are.
PXL_20201018_180057551-01.jpeg

Gillette Old Type / Astra SP
Arko stick (pucked and face lathered)
CRV
Pinaud Clubman

Such fun using the Old Type today! Really a great razor despite it's simplicity and age. Tomorrow will be another OC as well for GEMonday. Then it's back to my straights.

Top Bottom